What is taking so long between commands?

Fearless Freddie

I am using a 64 bit machine with Vista. I spend most of my time wondering what is taking so long between commands. That is when I’m not recovering from a crash. I have the updates and patches that I see on the Autodesk site. I was running 32 bit machines and getting memory errors. The best I could find out was to upgrade to 64 bit machines. I did this and the memory errors stopped. But now I have new issues. I open a drawing and every command makes the program freeze. The auto save is set to run every 5 minutes. When it auto saves, the machine freezes. When I edit text, the machine freezes. This is intermittent. I have tried to find a pattern to the waste of time, but I see no pattern. I am doing 3-D Modeling.

The files are some what large. Yes I purg adn audit my files often. I also use the brep command. The facetres is set to 0.5.

The files are some what large. Yes I purg adn audit my files often. I also use the brep command. The facetres is set to 0.5.

Ok, that has narrowed it down somewhat :)

As you mentioned that the files are quite large, my bets are still on the regen's taking a while to complete.

Perhaps set REGENMODE to 0?

Are you using any custom linetypes some linetypes say one made of lots of dots can take extreme time to generate particuarly if dots spacing ends up tiny.