Need some help

minibabe

Ok, not sure if anyone else has come up with this problem but I have a situation where an .ipt is created and has an .idw and I then need to create a "metalizing" drawing which is a different part number but essentially is the same part. Now what I have been doing is just using the original .ipt and then just over riding the dimensions (because they change after metalizing).

But I am now running into problems where the assembly files with the .ipt files in them are not correct. This is because the original .ipt file is smaller then the actual finished product.

So my question would be is there any way to essentially show "metalizing" in inventor. So that I can put the "metalized" .ipt file in my assembly instead of using the .ipt file that the machine shop uses.

I hope that this made sense if not I will either expand on it as best as I can or maybe show screen shots.

Thank you,

Amanda :)

So my question would be is there any way to essentially show "metalizing" in inventor.

Start a new ipt.

Exit Sketch mode.

Click Derived Component.

Hit F1

Ok, it will not let me derive the componet because it "causes a cyclic dependency".

Is there something possibliy that I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Amanda

I have attached the drawing for the machine shop, the drawing for the "metalizing" and the ipt file which is used on both idw files. The "metalizing" drawing I used the over ride dimension so that it was correct.

thank you for your help.

New Folder (2).zip

I will be able to take a look at the document later on today. I am at work right now and I do not have the time right this second. I do appericate you sending me this though.

this is actually not my computer...one of my hard drives failed and I am waiting for it back, I am on my co-workers computer.

My computer was updated though and this drawing was drawn on that computer but was opended on this computer. (not sure if that makes a difference or not)

Again, thank you for your help.

Many many things wrong. I had everything spelled out and then somehow lost all of my typing - so you will just have to figure it out from the files.

Parts.zip

I understand what you have done and thank you for taking time out to show me this. I really appericate it.

thank you,

Amanda