How to run a slideshow.

Meh

I have never done this, but my co-worker says he used to set up a slide show with DWG's while using version 2002. We are now running 2007 and he cannot do it. So my question is can you run a slide show in AutoCad using DWG's?

mslide to make a slide from your drawing (wysiwyg btw)...then vslide to view it...forgot how to run a show (been too long) but I'm sure 'help' will tell you

• 2 years later...

In the link you list, it talks about the shade mode. I just made a couple slides using mslide and when I viewed them, they came out in wireframe view.

I'm using 2002, and these were 3D solid objects I was trying to show. I have a product I've designed of about 500 components or so. My intent was to keep one stationary view and make a slide as I turn on each layer (group of components) to simulate the assembly process. I can do this and take screen shots with a program like Snippy, but I was hopeful to use the tool within AutoCAD.

I guess my question is, then, if I have Flat Shaded, Edges On or just Flat Shaded mode already selected, then why do my slides come out in wireframe mode? I chose my shade typically using the toolbar buttons, but under my menus, I don't have View/Shade/Options as the link implies. So is there some other aspect to the shade command that I need to perform other than having it in the standard shade mode I might be currently working in. I also tried to export images (Tools/Display Images/Save), and they always come out as wireframe as well.

Thanks!

The MSLIDE command doesn't know much about shaded, rendered etc displays. Look into the SAVEIMG command for true raster images. -David

I was just wondering if there was some quick and easy way to do this to impress the client. They have not asked for it, so I can't spend a lot of time on it. I gave them a few screen shots of various views and layer combos using Snippy, and they were very pleased. Like I said, I can do it using other programs, but then have to be very dilligent to make sure I get the same size crop window and such. This might be one I play with on my own time.

Thanks.

For 3D models, I prefer to render to file and edit the images. Irfanview can batch clip all the images at the same coords. Powerpoint can do the rest.

Hey, that's a great tip! I never thought about looking for that in IrfanView, but that little program is pretty nifty for a whole bunch of other things. I've used it mainly to do stuff with my digital photos. But I'm gonna check that out, and then I think I will be able to make all kinds of demo slide shows. Like you say, throw it into powerpoint, then you can add text or whatever else in a common format.8)

Thanks!

For 3D models, I prefer to render to file and edit the images. Irfanview can batch clip all the images at the same coords. Powerpoint can do the rest.

Dove into it a bit for finishing up my project this past week on a hard deadline. I did not use it yet to it's full potential, but when my Snippy just unexplainably disappeared on me (I could snip, but not save), I recalled you mentioning IrfanView.. I went there, got the screen shots I needed and got my project turned in on time. Gonna still check it out more going forward, but it came through in a pinch.:D

Thanks again!