What is linework?

whatumccallum

I have created a very simple map of a section of land with a boundary showing an area for proposed development using AutoCAD 2008 Lt. I am required to submit this sketch for approval to a gov't confirmation service; however, it is advising me that the following deficiencies exists:

Property and R/W Linework - missing features on level

Text for Linework - missing features on level

ATS (Section) Linework - missing level in plan

Linework for Disposition Boundary - missing level in plan

Surface Activity Code Text - missing level in plan

What research I've done so far indicates that I need to upgrade my system to perform this function (Autodesk Survey to automate linework, etc.).

I have limited geomatics training (civil engineer technologist is my background), so I'm a little lost. I assume the "missing features" feedback indicates I just don't have the correct system (ie. Autodesk?) and the "missing levels in plan" tells me I need to somehow download some township controls (?) from the ATS (as ATS I believe refers to the Alberta Township System) so that the boundary I've drawn on the map will be synchronized with the township system controls (?).

Can anyone tell me what is linework?

I'm facing a deadline, so a prompt response would be useful.

Thanks

Linework is basically just the drawing, and the missing features would be regarding things which should be shown in that drawing but are not.

This is less an AutoCAD issue and moreso a drafting language issue. The gov't service is specfying which views/drawings are deficient and then outlining why. Without being familiar with both the project and the codes the service is checking against, I'm afraid it is difficult to give you more specific advice.