DLL Error

SilverTiger

I just installed Vista on my PC and tried to install AutoCAD 2005. When I went to run it, I couldn't because it said that AutoCAD failed to load because it could not find AC1ST16.DLL. I looked at this thread, http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28036&highlight=ac1st16.dll, which wasn't too helpful. Any suggestions? I've only recently begun using Vista, so I'm not as familiar with it as I would like to be. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated. THX!:D (BTW, it's on there, right where it should be, in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared.)

there was an issue between vista and autocad when vista first came out, and IIRC it was an autocad patch which set that straight rather than a windows one, so I'm not sure your problem will be resolvable as your version is so old :(

Hopefully I'm wrong...

check the autocad website

It didn't come with instructions specific to Windows Vista. I really don't know HOW to verify the path or extra slash or anything like that. All I verified is that the DLL file is located in the folder where it should be. And looking at the register is all Greek to me.

I got it. I went into the properties and updated compatibility to XPSP2 and ran it as administrator and it worked (probably because I ran XP prior to Vista)