• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tiger

• NBC

• skipsophrenic

• lpseifert

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be a rather daft question; but did you save M with those layer states contained within them; and then whilst in Q, did you reload xref M ?

Also just as a test, make a copy of drawing Q, rename to something like 01.

In this 'new' drawing 01, detach xref M and save the file, and then close it.

Reopen drawing 01; and attach xref M. Now do the layerstates contained within M migrate across ?

Hey, there's a reason the first question from any tech-support is "have you plugged it in?" - I am however fairly sure that I did save it. And I just closed everything and re-openend M and I was able to restore the new layer state so it is saved in M.

And as of your suggestion, I made a copy of Q, detached M, saved, closed, openend and still no layer States...

what is really weird is that the ones from A,B and C are migrated right across to Q..but not the ones created in M...

Thanks for all NBC, I don't get why it doesn't work either.

Chulse - that sounds promising, if nothing else I'll get to trying this next week - right now I just gotta get it done, even if I have to do it the old fashioned way.

I was wondering which autocad product you are using. If you happen to be using Autocad MEP, there is a setting that will do this for you automatically. In the project settings you can set sheet files to automatically sync with view files.

Construct, View, and Sheet files follow the same xrefing structure that you are mentioning. You create a Construct and xref it into a view file where you would annotate it. Then you would xref the view file into several different sheets. The view drawings is divided into several different sheets all of which need to mimic the layer settings of the view file. It will automatically sync your layer settings. I am not sure if you are using MEP, but if you are, this will solve your problem IF you are using the project management system.

• 2 months later...

Chulse - did you ever get the lisp from TheSwamp to work? I'm back to this problem now and would really like to get this to work... I however know nothing about Lisps and I get a long error from the lisp :(