Attribute text...

Stryder

I have recently created a dynamic block with a field that updates the northing and easting based on the location of the block insertion point. There are several attributes in the block including the attribute for the northing and easting. I need to edit some of the attributes but I was wondering if there is a way to lock the northing and easting attribute to where it can't be edited? There may be some suggestions to have the northing and easting be text in the block instead of attributes, that would be nice if I could do that. However, for some reason the field for block place holder (insertion point) will only work in an attribute within the block, not within text. Any Ideas?

My main question is: I was wondering if there is a way to lock the northing and easting attribute to where it can't be edited?

Thanks,

Stryder

Well thanks for the suggestion but after playing with this it has given me a headache. What happens is I can place my northing easting attribute on a locked layer. The problem is that when I edit or enter the proper information for the other attributes the fields for the northing easting stops working. It is like the northing easting value has been changed to text instead of using the field.:reallymad:

icon8.gif Angry

Stryder

Sometimes we work hard and we get nothing; it is the nature of our job.

But be sure that everybody from this forum tries to help you. They give their best advice, sorry if it did not work for you.

Oh, I totally understand what you are saying fuccaro. I am not angy about the suggestion, it was a great one. I am angry about the way AutoCAD is working. The results I am getting should not be happening. I really like this forum and so far everyone on here has been super helpful. I was not clear enough about what was making me angry. :)