Two 3d objects get selected as one

marlon

There are two 3d objects, if i click on one (selecting it), the other automatically gets selected too. If I select either one and assigns a different layer name to it, for example MyLayer, the other one becomes a MyLayer also!

This is a problem because if I wish to delete or move either one of them, the other one would also be deleted or moved. Please help!

Click on the object to select it, then right click and choose Properties from the pop up menu. This will open a dialog which will tell you what you have selected and give you information about it.

also, it doesn't say 3D Solid (2)

Ok, that was going to be my next question. :P

So did you create this drawing?

The two objects could have been Unioned together. Even if they are not touching, they can still be combined. Could this be what happened?

Yes I think that's it! I tried EXPLODE, but that turned the 3d objects into regions. I can't have that. any suggestions?

It worked fuccaro! I was just about to use SLICE, i think that would work too, but your solution was more 'professional'. Thanks guys!

You can use slice or boolean operations as long as there are only two or few parts involved. For more complicated cases the solidedit is the way to go.

Glad to read you solved it.

I too would have suggested first trying to use the SEPARATE command. The condition you describe is quite common when a single solid object has a portion of its geometry removed via the subtract command and the result "appears" to be two individual objects when in reality AutoCAD still treats them as one.