Solid Hatch not Solid :(

CadGuy2009

Hi guys...

I am using AutoCAD 2009 and am trying to fill a rectangle with a solid black color, using the Hatch option. In the hatch option my pattern is "Solid", the Scale and Spacing are both set to "0.001".

Here is my problem. In AutoCAD the solid is completely black, even if I zoom in. However, when I print the document to a PDF file, white lines appear randomly in the solid pattern. Almost like the boundaries between puzzle bits... Kind of hard to explain, but I hope you get the point. The solid hatch is no longer solid. Although these emerging lines are not too thick, I still dont want them there...

Can someone help me with this issue? I need the hatch to be completely solid for the drawing... Thanks...

That's a common issue when plotting to PDF files.

What PDF driver are you using? If you are using Autocad's built-in pdf driver you could try a freebie like CutePDF to see if it reduces the problem.

Even with the full Adobe Acrobat package I get similar issues in solid hatching, and I'm really not sure there's much you can do about it. I just put up with it :\

I am using Adobe Acrobat Professional! Yes I agree it is really strange... I am wondering if this could be avoided somehow... I am not sure if those lines would appear in a real plot... but i am afraid they might :(

I am using Adobe Acrobat Professional! Yes I agree it is really strange... I am wondering if this could be avoided somehow... I am not sure if those lines would appear in a real plot... but i am afraid they might :(

Are you doing this VIA AutoCAD's "Plot to PDF"?:?:? Cause ive never had an issue!

Wow :) That was it... I realized I was NOT. I changed the plot to be from DWG to PDF, instead of to the regular Acrobat PDF setting. Now it looks AWESOME :)

Thanks alot :) This saves me lots and lots of work :)

Wow :) That was it... I realized I was NOT. I changed the plot to be from DWG to PDF, instead of to the regular Acrobat PDF setting. Now it looks AWESOME :)

Thanks alot :) This saves me lots and lots of work :)

Glad this worked!!

Take Care