Incremental Numbering Suite

Lee Mac

Thank Lee

I would be great if osnap is taken, so you can easily arrange.

I have lisp for incremental numbering but the problem there is no option for prefix and suffix and other features as same as your Numinc.

I am please to ask you to modify or update the above lisp which NOV & NOC lisp

The OSnap is imitated in my program, as the GrRead loop, which the program relies on does not support OSnap. I may write a version that doesn't use a GrRead loop, so the user has the option to not use it.

But as for your modification - I would rather keep this thread focussed on the one program.

Lee

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• alanjt

• The Buzzard

• mdbdesign

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have updated the code for this program in the Archive.

The new version allows the user to specify whether text follows the cursor upon placement.

If text is set to follow the cursor, a grRead loop must be used which doesn't permit OSnap functionality (or any other functionality for that matter), so OSnap must be cleverly imitated through the use of the Grvecs function mainly.

However, if text is not set to follow the cursor, all standard AutoCAD functionality may be used.

Also, the user may place text in Tables in this version. :)

Feedback is always welcome.

Lee

Hello Lee

For me, the text height is not accepted, the text height is always 2.5 or 25

Hallo Lee

Bei mir wird die Texthöhe nicht übernommen, die Texthöhe ist immer 2,5 oder 25.

Texth.png

Hi Dober,

Thanks for your interest in the program, I shall look into what you have reported. :)

Hallo Dober,

Vielen Dank für Ihr Interesse an dem Programm, werde ich prüfen, was Sie gemeldet haben. :)

Many thanks for your report Dober,

I can't believe I missed that :oops: it turned out to be just a small typo on the tile key...

But I have updated the code in the Archive to fix this, the new code can be found here.

Again, many thanks for the feedback - it is much appreciated. :)

Lee

Lee, when Autonumber version 5 is schedule to hit?

I haven't looked at that routine in a while - it probably needs a bit of a 'spring-clean'... I shall see what I can do :)

Thanks guys,

Lee

Hello Lee

Yes, a great program.

Proposal

1F 01-02 increases by 2

1F 03-04 finished

would also sowas. everything is red should be variable.

Hallo Lee

Ja ein Tolles Programm.

Vorschlag

1F 01-02 erhöhe um 2

1F 03-04 fertig

ginge sowas auch. alles was Rot ist sollte Variable sein.

Thanks for the suggestion Dober - the problem is in trying to keep the program as generic as possible, and still incorporate the improvements...

Danke für die Anregung Dober - das Problem ist bei dem Versuch, das Programm so allgemein wie möglich zu halten, noch übernehmen die Verbesserungen ...

Thanks for the suggestion Dober - the problem is in trying to keep the program as generic as possible, and still incorporate the improvements...

Danke für die Anregung Dober - das Problem ist bei dem Versuch, das Programm so allgemein wie möglich zu halten, noch übernehmen die Verbesserungen ...

Hello Lee

OK, do only a suggestion, because we have that very often.

Is shown in our computerized numbers.

Thanks

Hallo Lee

OK, wahr nur ein Vorschlag, da wir das sehr oft haben.

Ist bei uns EDV-Nummern ergeben.

Danke

• 2 months later...

Lee this is a fantastic program and I thank you very much for sharing it.

I have noticed that if the "Text Follows Cursor" box is unchecked and you use the "replace" option that the program requires the "r" to be typed prior to picking every block (with an attribute) or piece of text that you want to replace. Minor issue.

Is there any possibility that support for incrementing letters would be added? if not would you mind if I tried to add that functionality if I ever get the chance?

On a bit of a separate note. I also downloaded version 4 of your AutoNumbering LISP and placed it in the same folder that i have the NumInc LISP located. AutoCAD 2010 claims it loads properly, but every time I try to run it I get an "error loading AutoNumber." error box. I wanted to try that program and see if it added any functionality that I would find useful.

again thanks for sharing your work. This is will be a great time saving program.

Lee this is a fantastic program and I thank you very much for sharing it.

You're very welcome :)

I have noticed that if the "Text Follows Cursor" box is unchecked and you use the "replace" option that the program requires the "r" to be typed prior to picking every block (with an attribute) or piece of text that you want to replace. Minor issue.

Thanks for the feedback, I shall look into this - I can see how this would be annoying :)

Is there any possibility that support for incrementing letters would be added? if not would you mind if I tried to add that functionality if I ever get the chance?

Yes, I suppose this could be incorporated - but it would be quite a bit of work - I shall see what I can do. As for you modifying the program, I am fine with you modifying the code for your own use, as long as you don't post the modified version.

On a bit of a separate note. I also downloaded version 4 of your AutoNumbering LISP and placed it in the same folder that i have the NumInc LISP located. AutoCAD 2010 claims it loads properly, but every time I try to run it I get an "error loading AutoNumber." error box. I wanted to try that program and see if it added any functionality that I would find useful.

I haven't updated this program recently, but did you make sure that the DCL file is in the ACAD support path also?

Thanks,

Lee

I shall see what I can do. As for you modifying the program, I am fine with you modifying the code for your own use, as long as you don't post the modified version.
I wouldn't post anything on my own. If anything, after testing, I'd send you the code in case you'd want to include it.

I haven't updated this program recently, but did you make sure that the DCL file is in the ACAD support path also?
No, I did not. When I clicked on the file a download box opened and I saved it to my LISP directory. I did not see a DCL file. I'll try to find it and try that.

Again, thanks.

I just checked this out. Absolutely amazing Lee Mac! I really do not know about Lisp files and have a lot to learn. You guys are truly skilled! Amazing stuff and what you guys share sure help people in what they do.

I work in HVAC, so this is an excellent feature for numbering ductwork. I don't want to cause offence with this question, but is it possible for me to customize and add a circle around the numbers? If not, I will understand as I am just grateful for the lisp file as is!

THANKS!

Many thanks - I'm glad you like the program :)

That sounds like a good upgrade for the program - thanks for the suggestion. I'm happy for you to modify the code for your own use, but I would rather that you didn't post the modified version.

Lee

Sure thing Lee Mac.

Once I am granted permission from the website, I would like to send you a pm.

Cheers,