Another linetype question...

A4Mode

I have been having trouble creating a custom linetype. Here is the linetype description:

*transmissionline,----O----O----O----O----
A,57.5,-14.375,57.5,-14.375,57.5,-14.375,["\U+25CF",Arial,S=0.15,R=0.0,X=25,Y=-1.50],-0.001

The problem I'm having is that the "dots" along the line are not centered. they appear fine if I draw the line from left to right, but if I change direction, they get off center. Any ideas?

Here is what it looks like.

linetype.png

So as long as you are drawing the line in the X axis it looks correct but if you change to the Y axis the dots go off center. Is that correct?

I think it is because the text character "\U+25CF" is not central on its spacing. It might be a better option to modify the Fenceline1 shape and add more circles within each other to make it look like a solid circle?.

So as long as you are drawing the line in the X axis it looks correct but if you change to the Y axis the dots go off center. Is that correct?

That's correct. I'm not quite sure how to fix it...

Arizona is your problem that text is upside down on curves if so posted an answer yesterday. Create a copy of your linetype gas - gasup and set R=180 the linetype then works you may need to adjust the x & y offset slightly depending on the text style used.