AutoCad LT 2009: Running out of system memory

Alixman984

Hi Guys,

I'm having this huge problem, I do hope you could help me sort it out (or otherwise I'm pretty screwed)

I have a massive autocad drawing file (~25 mb), it's basically different view of a S92A helicopter brought in AutoCad through corel draw (hence the massive file size).

I have worked through this file for past 10 days, but now when I want to change the layout pages or even get to my model page I encounter the follwoing error message:

"AutoCad is running out of system memory. Continuing the current operation may in program failure or loss of data...."

Well, I intially tried it on a Laptop with Dual Core processor and 4GB of ram on windows vista, then I tried it on a desktop with Pentuam D and 3GB of ram with windows XP pro and still getting the same error message.

Please tell me my file is not corrupted, I do have a back of it at work, but I'm not sure if that's corrupted as well or not!

I really do appreciate any help to solve this issue. It's really urgent.

Thanks

Alix:)

It's just a warning message,that you are running out of memory not that you ran out off.

You have a windows switch to 3gb, do you have that fix

Check posts below is what you need

The error says that "Autocad" is running out of memory?

I can't say that I've ever seen that message before. Are you sure it says that "Autocad" is running out of memory?

I've received a message a few times lately stating the my system was running low on virtual memory, and when I checked my task manager, I saw that Autocad was consuming over 2GB of virtual memory. So I closed all open drawings and shut down Autocad. Then I opened it back up and all was fine.

You might also want to empty your Temp file and Recycle Bin, Defrag your computer, and while working, close any programs that may be running in the background.

• 2 weeks later...

What if your getting this with XP 32bit? Same error. I am not getting it but a coworker is and I kind of giggle every time he screams. He wants us to go back to 2008. I hope there is a fix for this because backwards is not the way to go.