surveyor's drawing in decimal units?

td88

Another simple method of finding the horizontal distance between the points A & B is to draw a line between them and then "list" the line. The length in the current UCS is shown as well as the 3D length and lots of other useful figures. :D

Thanks to A1DWG and rkent for the further information. Now that I have a clearer idea of what I've received, I would say what 's needed is a bit more responsible use of arch./eng. terminology. If a client has requested a plan and expects to receive a plan, a plan should be sent and not an overhead or bird's eye view of a 3D image. I would call this re-naming, a glib appropriation of terminology without regard for the purpose of the terms involved or the expected use.

As for whether I expect this responsible usage to take place, I would say good luck. There are many upsides to the CAD age but, respect for the purpose of conventions is not one of them.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• td88

• lpseifert

• rob

• dtkell

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone mentioned the OSNAPZ system variable?

From ACAD Help:

Type: Integer

Saved in: Not-saved

Initial value: 0

Controls whether object snaps are automatically projected onto a plane parallel to the XY plane of the current UCS at the current elevation.

0 - Osnap uses the Z-value of the specified point

1 - Osnap substitutes the Z-value of the specified point with the elevation (ELEV) set for the current UCS

In other words, OSNAPZ=1 means osnaps will ignore the z value and give a flat measurement.

Has anyone mentioned the OSNAPZ system variable?

From ACAD Help:

In other words, OSNAPZ=1 means osnaps will ignore the z value and give a flat measurement.

Wow, that is a nice one Chulse. This post has turned into a gold mine. Where do you guys find these commands/settings, is it word of mouth? I'm grateful to have found CADtutor for it's greatest quality, accessiblity, and I'd like to, also, function autonomously. Is there a way to access this stuff?