Fatal Error - ...6471bcd4h...

LeRoy Marsolek

When someone opens a file from me and then starts to get out of it, this appears; Fatal Error: Unhandled Acess Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 6471bcd4h (what can be done to stop this?) Autocad 2004

I Goolged "exception at 6471bcd4h" and came up empty. I searched the AutoDesk website for the same error and had no luck either. What version of AutoCAD is this "someone" using?

We would have to get further detailed info in order to troubleshoot the problem. What is the person's hardware and software setup?

Does the problem only occur with this one drawing, more than one drawing, any drawing?

Have all service packs for AutoCAD been installed?

What OS is being used? Is the OS current for all updates too?

How much RAM on the mobo?

What video card is being used? How much vidRAM onboard?

I might suggest opening the drawing, purging it and then try to save it. What happens?

(The OS Vista 64-bit on a new HP Pav DT & 8G RAM, . All Autocad SPs are installed.) I had saved the files as a 2000 and now turned it to save them as a 2004; this seems to work so far. I don't know why it will not save them as a 2000 but none the less it work. Thanks for the help.

That's what it is running on. It works for them and me, an up-to-date 2009 would be nice, but what your given is what you work with.