Deferred Perpendicular Object Snap - how do I use it ?

Guest RWeber

As a new user with AutoCAD 2000 (I'll upgrade when I become more efficient) I'd like to know how to use the 'deferred perpendicular' snap.

There's a description of 'deferred perpendicular' in one of your Object Snap tutorials but there is otherwise no advice on the method and the AutoCAD Help Index doesn't even mention 'deferred perpendicular'

At the moment I draw a construction line perpendicular to an object line then draw a parallel line fromthe desired point then erase the construction line. .......... but such a simple process shouldn't require 2 separate constructions.

Thanks for any advice.

Great link Hypo. Like the guy says, those tools are "under the radar" but both Deferred Perpendicular and Deferred Tangent are well worth getting to know - in fact, why they are not the default, I just don't know :roll:

Thank you Hypo for the excellent link! :D

I just upgraded to 2005 this week and I was not aware of these new commands. These will be most helpful.

Thanks again!

Have a very happy and safe New Year!

Scott 8)

• 3 years later...

Note: only works when drawing lines; Deferred Perpendicular only works when drawing from lines or plines.

LINE Specify first point: per

a perpendicular icon should appear, and a 'rubberband'

Deferred Tangent works similar but from arcs, circles or polyarcs