dber Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago I was wondering if it was possible to turn a multiline-text list of construction notes into a standard way we label construction notes using this hexagon and numbering them. I included a CAD file with sample text (paperspace) and the final product of hexagon placement (0.25" from text, centered with text for 1-line, centered between top 2 lines for multi-line text). NotesLispTest.dwg Quote
BIGAL Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago Yep an easy solution, if you make a block with an attribute of mtext, so can be one or more lines. You insert the block, add attribute value. You can adjust the insertion point of the mtext attribute, via lisp (vlax-put attobj 'insertionpoint (list 10 5)). You can control the text pt to be say even with top, mid aligned, bottom aligned and so on even to left or right. In image I just made a simple block with a single attribute. If you dont know how to write a lisp for the task just ask. You may need to use "Bounding box" on the attribute to work out its corners or mid points and so on. Can use my Multi radio buttons.lsp to select alignment . The Multi radio buttons 2 col.lsp may be useful for a advanced version of moving attribute. Quote
Romero Posted 29 minutes ago Posted 29 minutes ago hello @dber I get what you're after — numbered construction notes with a hexagon bubble, text wrapping at a fixed column width. I can put a LISP together for you. Just answer these and I'll build it — letters are fine: 1. Where does the text come from? a) I type it in as I go b) it's already scattered in the drawing c) I paste it from Word or Excel 2. If it's already in the drawing, what is it? a) TEXT b) MTEXT c) not sure / it's mixed 3. How are the notes split up? a) one text object per note b) all in one MTEXT, one paragraph per note c) not sure 4. Is the number already written into the text? a) yes, like "1. Pour slab..." b) no, it needs to be added c) some yes, some no 5. Does the hexagon already exist? a) yes b) no, it needs to be created 6. If it exists, what is it? a) a block with an attribute for the number b) a block with no attribute (number sits separately) c) loose geometry, just lines d) not sure 7. Column width? a) I'll pick it in the drawing b) I'll give you a number 8. Does the text have hard line breaks already in it? a) yes, keep them b) yes, strip them and let it wrap on its own c) no 9. Where do the notes go? a) model space b) layout / paper space Answer those and I'll know exactly what to write. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.