New Member , my designs , need opinions and help

grandmaster87

Hi

i am new here.

i joined the forum because i need help doing my project.

basically i have a structure and at the bottom it has drainage holes.

so i drew the front sectinal view and top view and was wondering if anyone can help me convert it to a 3d model.

it took me 5 mins to draw on cad. its the only thing i cant seem to draw.

also i attached the other drawing i have done ... its in a 3-d model , tell me if its alright and what can be done to make it better.

im in school and we started using autocad this year...and i really want to grow my knowledge with this software.

hope you guys like my designs...and can help me out

i saved all the files as autocad 2000 so at least most of the people can view it.

dhiven

Briquette Machine Casing_autcad2000.dwg

pressplate_3dmodel_autocad200.dwg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grandmaster87

• deres

• CADMASTER1128

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deres,

Here at Cadtutor, we do not do students homework assignments for them. That is not what this forum is about. In the future, if you want to help, then please offer advise on how to achieve the desired result. Doing the work for them helps them learn nothing.

I converted it to 3d...let me know your questions.

[ATTACH]13218[/ATTACH]

Thank you alot for this, may i ask how long did it take?. I do have some questions. Is there a way i can contact you. I am actually designing a handheld briquette making machine so i have a few questions with regards to my design.

Deres,

Here at Cadtutor, we do not do students homework assignments for them. That is not what this forum is about. In the future, if you want to help, then please offer advise on how to achieve the desired result. Doing the work for them helps them learn nothing.

Sorry Cad64 ,

I think you taking this in the wrong way. I actually did the drawings but needed help turning it to 3d.

If you see the other 3d model i did , i do have the abilities to do my work , its just that i couldn't get past that drawing i needed to convert . Im only using cad for 1 month now.

Thanks for letting me know though.

Cheers.

Sorry

Deres,

Of course you are right. It was a very easy and quick model, so I decided to make it, sent it to grandmaster87 to see how it looks finished and make a discussion on it. As he said also, I saw from his second file that he knew the basics of modelling.

I think you taking this in the wrong way. I actually did the drawings but needed help turning it to 3d.

If you see the other 3d model i did , i do have the abilities to do my work , its just that i couldn't get past that drawing i needed to convert . Im only using cad for 1 month now.

I wasn't replying to you grandmaster. I was replying to deres. I know you weren't asking for someone to do the work for you. The problem is, someone did do the work for you, and that's not how we operate here at Cadtutor. If someone needs help, we are more than willing to offer advise, tutorials, or whatever assistance is necessary, but the actual work needs to be done by the student.

What problems are you having?

Post your questions here and you will get plenty of feedback. Just try to be as specific as you can in regards to the problem. And post screenshots if necessary, to help illustrate what you're trying to do.

I have moved this question to the "3D Modeling & Rendering" section.

Now, the proccess for our friend grandmaster87.

First of all, switch to isometric view.

Using the extrude command, you extrude the two outer rectangles, giving 90 height.

Then, you must subtract the small rectangle from the outer. You do this with substract command, selecting first the outer rectangle and then the inner one. It's one solid now.

Now for the central object. Simply select both the rectangle and the circle and move them at "z" (up) direction. Before the "move" command finishes, acad is asking for second point of displacement. Type "10" and "enter".

Now they are at the right place. Extrude them both with a height of 10 and subtract the cylinder from the box, as we did before.

Now for the draining base, draw a new rectangle (we used the original at the first step) at the bottom of the solid, snapping at the inner rectangle's edges.

Select it and all the small circles and move them at z (up) direction typing 10 again when acad ascs for second place of displacement.

Select them again and extrude them giving -10 as height.

Finally subtract all the small cylinders from the "drainage" surface (you know now how) and you are ready!

Of course you are right. It was a very easy and quick model, so I decided to make it, sent it to grandmaster87 to see how it looks finished and make a discussion on it. As he said also, I saw from his second file that he knew the basics of modelling.

Yes, he obviously knows the basics, but he is having problems with some of the more advanced modeling techniques. So by doing the work for him, rather than instructing him on how to do the work, he has learned nothing. But he now has a finished model that he can turn in and take credit for, if he so chooses.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Now, lets get this thread back on track, shall we? :wink:

Edit: Ok, I see you have posted a tutorial while I was typing. That's what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

Now, the proccess for our friend grandmaster87.

First of all, switch to isometric view.

Using the extrude command, you extrude the two outer rectangles, giving 90 height.

Then, you must subtract the small rectangle from the outer. You do this with substract command, selecting first the outer rectangle and then the inner one. It's one solid now.

Now for the central object. Simply select both the rectangle and the circle and move them at "z" (up) direction. Before the "move" command finishes, acad is asking for second point of displacement. Type "10" and "enter".

Now they are at the right place. Extrude them both with a height of 10 and subtract the cylinder from the box, as we did before.

Now for the draining base, draw a new rectangle (we used the original at the first step) at the bottom of the solid, snapping at the inner rectangle's edges.

Select it and all the small circles and move them at z (up) direction typing 10 again when acad ascs for second place of displacement.

Select them again and extrude them giving -10 as height.

Finally subtract all the small cylinders from the "drainage" surface (you know now how) and you are ready!

thanks. i got it definitely...

This is what i have so far.

How to i add threads to the holes?

briquettepress.jpg

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

Hahaha, we say it exactly the same here in Greece, Cad64! Well said!

As you can see the thread is now on the right track...it's now up to grandmaster87 to take the fish and run or to learn how to fish!

Ok since you guys are taking a hit on me:twisted: jus joking...

here is something else i designed:) its a castor for a trolley company..

grade11castor.jpg

How to i add threads to the holes?

Now, you are in deeeeep waters :D

The right thing is using the "helix" (looks like dna :wink:) command for a path, extrude a circle and then subtract the new solid from the hole.

As I have seen so far, you are quite clever, so I'll let you experiment a bit with it!

grandmaster87, Did you get my e-mail regarding this drawing?

Yes bro :) Just checked it now ...

No problem..i don't know what rendering means though.

We do a subject called engineering graphics and design but since south africa is not a really rich country , certain areas don't have access to cad hence our syllabus is based on doing drawings on our A3 drawing boards.

however schools that can afford them , including mine , have to do projects using CAD , but no we dont get taught in depth , just get to use the facilities.

Now, you are in deeeeep waters :D

The right thing is using the "helix" (looks like dna :wink:) command for a path, extrude a circle and then subtract the new solid from the hole.

As I have seen so far, you are quite clever, so I'll let you experiment a bit with it!

alright , i got that...however after selcting the extruded circle after pressing subtract , when i select the helix to substract it from the circle it says no solids selected?

Personally, when I want to make threads to a round hole, I first draw a polyline like this. You can make it to match your thread settings.

With white color is the polyline, yellow is the diameter of the hole, and red is the vertical axis of the hole.

2.jpg

After you make the polyline, which is the section of the feminine threads, you select it and use the "revolve" command, using the red line (pick top and bottom) as a revolve axis.

You must get something like this

1.jpg

Subtract it from your solid and you are ready.

PS It's not the correct method to make a thread, but it looks almost the same...

the radius of my cirlce is 5.

i extruded it 80.

what is the top radius and what is the base radius?

the length of the helix is going to be 80/

wow your'll are such pros cant wait till i can do all this stuff in like no time :) deres i dont know how to do the second one.

Grandmaster87, forget about the helix and the circle, it was my mistake...I tried it and it didn't look good. It takes a helix as a path and a 45' rotated square to look like thread....

I suggest you use the second method that I posted instead.