New Member , my designs , need opinions and help

grandmaster87

sure thing , i am trying the second method...

problem is that i got the cricle and the red line but cant draw the polyline cause of those 60 degree things there...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grandmaster87

• deres

• CADMASTER1128

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i got that...i just cant make the 60 degree angle , i dont know how.

What do you mean 60 degree? The lines are 45 degrees rotated...

It may seem like 60 because of the isometric view...

Anyway, to rotate a line or an object in specific degrees, when doing the "ROTATE" command, type as a number the degrees at "specify rotation angle".

anyway i did not add the threads , as i found out the school doesnt require us to insert threads:)

briquettewithoutfinishedhandle.jpg

thats the finished product...all i need to do is add an extension onto the end of the bolt/slash handle.

basically like a tap , as i turn the handle the plate will move downwards , hence pressing down on the liquids.

at the bottom is drainage holes , and the liquid will go there...

what you guys think? any design flaws?

if you want to see the cad files let me know and i will email it to you..

its more than the allowed upload size.

how do i make a line 45 degrees or 10 degrees etc? what command can i use?

Sorry grandmaster87, I was busy for a while.

To make a line 45 or 10 degrees, simply draw a line at any direction, select and rotate it by typing the required degrees. Experiment a bit with the degrees, you can have minus numbers too, -60, -30 etc.

Your final product looks real good, add a human-friendly handle and it's perfect!

I'm glad I helped :)

no problem man..

do you have any suggestions for a human-friendly handle?

Thank you alot for the 3d model of the base...it really helped me alot and i couldnt have done it without you!! for that i am thankful.

thank you , i will get to work on that tomorrow. right now i need to go to sleep.

school starts tomorrow after a 3 week break.

Now that i have the 3d-model , all i need to do is a front sectioned view , top view and either left or right view.

Thanks for all your help and to everyone who contributed , Deres , cAD64 and Cadmaster

thank you , i will get to work on that tomorrow. right now i need to go to sleep.

school starts tomorrow after a 3 week break.

Now that i have the 3d-model , all i need to do is a front sectioned view , top view and either left or right view.

Thanks for all your help and to everyone who contributed , Deres , cAD64 and Cadmaster

Good luck, boet. :D

2D views of 3D models can be obtained in several ways. You could just set up the required number of viewports (one for the top, side and section) and manipulate the 3D view to mimic what is required. You can also extract 2D views from 3D models using FLATSHOT, SOLPROF or the combination SOLVIEW / SOLDRAW. Each has its pros and cons.

How about those round handles you see on hatches or some gate valves. Like the valves on this page: http://www.ksbpumps.co.za/prod_valves.php

i dont have the ability to design something like that on CAD currently.

I would appreciate if you have any tutorials on how to do so...or something to help making the handle.

Yes bro :) Just checked it now ...

No problem..i don't know what rendering means though.

We do a subject called engineering graphics and design but since south africa is not a really rich country , certain areas don't have access to cad hence our syllabus is based on doing drawings on our A3 drawing boards.

however schools that can afford them , including mine , have to do projects using CAD , but no we dont get taught in depth , just get to use the facilities.

Well since is taught in depth, its a good thing you found this site :)

You can use bar stock to form the handles. Cover them with wood (two halves) secured through the bar stock with the appropriate type of screw/washer and matching nut.