• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shibuboss

• ReMark

• Cad64

• SuperCAD

Sir let me call you like that.

I know that all the members are vey cool . you know one thing that for the last three months i am searching for such websites. with in twodays u easily give me a solution. so you are my teacher. tha't y i am calling you sir.

now i am not planning to buy a book.i think that these two websites are enough for me.thanks for Lynn Allen and Ellen.

Regards

Well you have come to the right site. We are all teachers/students of one sort or another as we all have different strengths and weaknesses. That's one of the things that makes CADTutor work so well. Glad to have you join us. Soon enough you will be the one providing the answers. :)

• 4 weeks later...

It's a new command that became available with the 2009 release. It is not available in 2008.

The new VPROTATEASSOC variable, available with the AutoCAD 2009 Subscription Bonus Pack 1, enables you to control the rotation of a view within a layout viewport. When you rotate the viewport with VPROTATEASSOC set to 1 (the default), the view itself will also rotate to maintain its orientation relevant to the viewport. When it’s set to 0, the view within the viewport will not rotate even though the viewport itself does.

Thanks for the clarification; i was wondering if it was available in older versions. I used mvsetup a lot in my old firm, with acad 2008 and 2009. I only started using vprotateassoc now with LT 2010 because of the missing command.

• 2 months later...

I am using Autocad 2010,in "MVSETUP":->options:->units i m not able to see its use in Autocad 2010 .it's a big headache for me now.so please advise me where is the use of its units options

It's a new command that became available with the 2009 release. It is not available in 2008.

i wish AutoCad would print out a list of these new commands somewhere! Or at least make them obvious

• 3 months later...

We recently upgraded to Autocad 2010.

When I try to use mvsetup, I get an error message that mvsetup.dfs can not be found. I looked in the directory it should be in and it is not there. Can someone email it to me so I can stick it in the directory.

Thanks.

Matt

In my recent post I said email mvsetup.dfs to me. What I meant was place it in a post where I can download it.

Thanks.

Matt

You might want to try the REPAIR option. Look in the Windows Control Panel under Add/Remove programs.

We, as a rule, do not post, for general distribution, AutoCAD program files.

Let's see how the REPAIR option goes first OK?

In my recent post I said email mvsetup.dfs to me. What I meant was place it in a post where I can download it.

From the Autodesk EULA:

3. Permitted and prohibited actions

3.2.3 Transfers. You may not distribute, rent, loan, lease, sell, sublicense, or otherwise transfer all or any portion of the Software or User Documentation, or any rights granted in this Agreement, to any other person without the prior written consent of Autodesk.

Do as ReMark suggested and run a Repair on your installation.