Foundation plan, please advice!

facad

Great layout advice.. the way he has that bathroom there, he'd better never have a teenage girl in the house.. lol

Curling irons, hair dryer, hairspray cans, etc describe only the tip of the iceberg in there. The biggest problem we have in our apartment layout is that the cords want to hang off the counter and into the doorswing. Curling irons often get unplugged and left there on the counter to cool off. If the plug hits the floor, and the door is at least partially closed, the plug get's trapped behind the door. and you have an instant self-resetting trip wire across the doorway when you open it.

Same thing happens when I unplug something to run my electric shaver.

I hate the functionality of pedestal sinks, and two teenage girls in the house means you want a nice, wide mirror so they can get ready at the same time in the morning if they choose.

(I say teenage girls because that's the stereotype that folks identify with, but per my experience, I've got a boy here who uses the same equipment)

You also might want to consider communal walls for plumbing when possible to reduce construction costs.

just my 1 cent.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• facad

• ReMark

• Noahma

• edwinprakoso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great layout advice.. the way he has that bathroom there, he'd better never have a teenage girl in the house.. lol

Curling irons, hair dryer, hairspray cans, etc describe only the tip of the iceberg in there. The biggest problem we have in our apartment layout is that the cords want to hang off the counter and into the doorswing. Curling irons often get unplugged and left there on the counter to cool off. If the plug hits the floor, and the door is at least partially closed, the plug get's trapped behind the door. and you have an instant self-resetting trip wire across the doorway when you open it.

Same thing happens when I unplug something to run my electric shaver.

I hate the functionality of pedestal sinks, and two teenage girls in the house means you want a nice, wide mirror so they can get ready at the same time in the morning if they choose.

(I say teenage girls because that's the stereotype that folks identify with, but per my experience, I've got a boy here who uses the same equipment)

You also might want to consider communal walls for plumbing when possible to reduce construction costs.

just my 1 cent.. :)

If he wants the styleyness in the vanity, use a simulated drysink cabinet with a vessel vanity on top instead of the pedestal. Them's the cats' peejammies right now in my suburb.

Stereotype? wadaya mean stereotype. It is flat out empirical and unimpeachable fact.

I have a daughter, just turned 20. she's a college comuter kid and an only child. She has her own 12' x 9' bathroom, a 42" vanity cabinet and 3, I said 3 wall cabinets, and I swear to (insert diety here) that there is no floor visible, no horizontal surface unobstructed, and it was just cleaned up on Saturday.:lol: