Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• JD Mather

• Cad64

• rkent

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is an extremely simple part to draw. What exactly is the problem? :unsure:

I have renamed this thread to something a little more appropriate. "????" Is not an appropriate thread title.

JDM: In your opinion does the center hole punch all the way through the object or stop short of doing that?

I ask because when I constructed the object and subtracted the center hole I wasn't pleased with the results. Something didn't look right. I'm not trying to be a wise guy here. Thanks, in advance, for your comments/suggestions/observations.

Common problem assigned by instructors to see if student can figure out elliptical breaks through bottom and back.

I'm making the assumption here that the OP can't figure out how to open the DWF and "cheat". In any case didn't totally give away the ortho views. Getting the hidden lines will still be a bit of work (from 2D rather than 3D).

HomeWork.dwf

Guys, the OP is having trouble visualizing the orthographic views of the iso. This is the beginners section, of course it is an easy part to draw for those of us that know how. Telling them it is easy doesn't provide any help what so ever.

kuwait - I have attached the start of the different views. You will need to work hard on rotating the iso object in your head to only see the front, top and right sides. Hopefully seeing some of the finished product will help you.

I just noticed the note to modify the large hole to be perp to the sloped surface so my views will not show that hole propertly. Was just trying to get you going without taking too much time away from work.

kuwait 4-7-10-Model.jpg

Guys, the OP is having trouble visualizing the orthographic views of the iso. This is the beginners section, of course it is an easy part to draw for those of us that know how. Telling them it is easy doesn't provide any help what so ever.

That's why I asked to him to explain what he was having trouble with. He gave no explanation whatsoever. He just said I'm having a problem and that was it. Doesn't give us much to go on. Also, he has been here several times previously, with more difficult drawings than this, and has been given quite a bit of good advice, so I would expect him to be able to handle such a simple drawing as this one. It just seems like he's relying on us for answers a bit too much and should really be trying to work out these problems himself. He is in school after all.

Guys, the OP is having trouble visualizing the orthographic views of the iso. This is the beginners section, of course it is an easy part to draw for those of us that know how.

This sort of problem is normally covered in a class lecture before given as an assignment. At a minimum I would expect a reading assignment of a similar problem.

Common problem assigned by instructors to see if student can figure out elliptical breaks through bottom and back.

The 3D solution I posted might have been better for visualization purposes in trying to find the orthographic solution rather than merely giving the (incorrect) solution.

The 3D solution I posted might have been better for visualization purposes in trying to find the orthographic solution rather than merely giving the (incorrect) solution.

It would be helpful if it was a file that could be opened, I am getting a corrupted file error. Want to correct and repost?

Thank you JDM for the DWF. Turns out I got it right after all. It was the elliptical breaks that kind of threw me there for a moment.

It's funny we haven't heard back from the OP. Maybe he was testing us?

Haven't had any trouble opening the files that have been posted so far. Maybe I got here after they were fixed and reposted?

I'd consider doing the drawing in 3D then extracting the necessary 2D views unless the assignment was to use 2D exclusively.

Hint: If you are attempting this in 3D create the basic plan view and extrude it the required height. Then use the Taper Faces command to create the sloped center section. Pay close attention to the command prompts. It may take you several tries before you get it right. Another hint: use 30 as the taper angle. Good luck.

It would be helpful if it was a file that could be opened, I am getting a corrupted file error. Want to correct and repost?

ReMark had no trouble opening the file?

Are you familiar with opening dwf file type?

When I installed 2011, I got a message saying I had to manually uninstall the previous version of design review in order to install the new version. Did you do that?

It must really suck to have newest software and not be able to open the DWF. LOL

Just kidding rkent! Just kidding. Hope you get it squared away quickly.