Dynamic Blocks with Centered Text

manzano

I am having trouble trying to add text to a dynamic block that will stay locked and centered when I stretch it left/right and up/down. The default text I am looking to have should be 36x24 (36 is the lenght of the unit, 24 is the depth). Does anyone know if this is possible to do? I can also upload my block if it helps.

Thanks,

Art

What if you included the text within the stretch parameter for each direction. The text won't change size, only move relative to the amount the rest is being 'stretched' - just a thought.

The way i do it is as follows........

Give yout text a separate move parameter. Click on the move parameter and in Properties under Overrides give the Distance multiplier a value of 0.5.

Now include this move parameter in your stretches for your block but deselect your text from the stretch.

Now you have to click on the text move parameter and in Properties again click on the Chain actions.

To finish it off click on the text move parameter and turn off both grips.

This should work ok.... let me know if you struggle and i will post an example tom.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This thread has been opened for some time, but an additional step I had to take was to go to the properties of the parameter the move action was connected to and turn on the Chain Actions. Everything worked after that.

Thanks JBullseye74!

steve