Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• ra5451

• SLW210

• Organic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You want to override a dimension that AutoCAD provided?

One option would be to double-click on the dimension and make the change in Properties or Quick Properties where it says Text Override.

Let me explain...It's the detail of a foundation wall. It's not to scale in the drawing. That's what I meant...Also, I'm using Autocad on the mac and couldn't find the things you suggested above...BTW..thankx for getting back to me so soon...I have to have this to the buildoing inspector in the am and I still have to learn how to mirror the whole drawing.

You are using AutoCAD 2010. The drawing should have been done in model space at FULL size. You should also have been making use of paper space layouts and viewports to handle such things as "details".

This is AutoCAD 2010 the PC version running on a Mac?

You are using AutoCAD 2010. The drawing should have been done in model space at FULL size. You should also have been making use of paper space layouts and viewports to handle such things as "details".

This is AutoCAD 2010 the PC version running on a Mac?

ReMark: I didn't understand a word you said (sorry) I'm running AutoCad on the mac platform on my laptop.

More explaining: I have an existing house plan from a house I just built (crawl space for a basement). I'm going to be building another house with a full basement and I need to change come of the dimensions to satisfy the inspector. I also have to flip the plan. Hope this explains something other than I'm a complete noob!

Is the version of AutoCAD you are using AutoCAD for Mac? Yes or No?

To override the dimension click on it once, then right-click, and select Properties. This should open the Properties dialog window. In the window use the scroll bar to get down to the Text options area and you'll see one for Text Override. Change the dimension there.

Another option. Look in the tray at the bottom of your screen (lower left-hand corner). Are there a series of icons? Yes? Hover your cursor over them one at a time. We are looking for the one called Quick Properties. Click on it to enable this feature. Now go back into your drawing and double-click on a dimension. The Quick Properties box should appear on-screen. Place your cursor on the dark-grey vertical band on the left of the box. The dimension Text Override option should appear. Yes/No/I'm still lost?

All I see is the property inspector to the right

Property "Inspector"? I have no idea what that is. Describe it.

Are you using AutoCAD for Mac as opposed to the PC version of AutoCAD 2010 ON a Mac? Yes/No?

Is there a command line? Yes/No?

Describe this Property Inspector.

Are you using AutoCAD for Mac? Yes/No?

I feel like I'm at the dentist this morning.

How about posting an image of your screen?

Thank you! Yes, you are using AutoCAD for Mac and not the PC version of AutoCAD running on a Mac. There are substantial differences between the two. Some features are different and some are missing altogether.

See where it says ANNOTATION in the Properties Inspector? Click on the down pointing arrow next to it. Do more options appear?

Just use the MIRROR command and be careful with your pickpoint. I'd pick in the exact middle of the drawing.

What if you erase the dimension then put it back in again. There should be an option called Text where you can make the change BEFORE AutoCAD places the dimension in your drawing.