3D Poliline specific object dont work

infect

I hope someone can help me! I need a create 3D wireframe object. Can't do, really.

Info:

3D Poliline specific object (triangle + rectangel)

view – perspective

EXTRUDE and PRESPULL dont work

Anyone Have Any Idea? Enclosed please find Picture

Picture http://www.2shared.com/photo/yOKAkOEc/Untitled-1.html?

DWG http://www.2shared.com/photo/oZ0emm5c/Example.html?

Many Thanks and Best Wishes!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Dadgad

• infect

• SLW210

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FunkyShape2.jpg

Top row: SE and NE isometrics

Bottom row: SW and NW isometrics

Yes, I know, it is not a 3Dwireframe but it wouldn't look as nice as this.

I'm not really clear what you are after. Does this do it for you?

Granted, in the first image, they are 4 distinct closed 3D polylines, and I have not been able to join them despite numerous deviously routed attempts. I was hoping that OVERKILL might lend a hand, but it didn't deliver my goal of a unified 3D wireframe. Nor did JOIN with Line generation turned on. Why not just use a 3D solid with viewstyle set to 3D Wireframe?

The items in the second image (3 perspectives same objects) are made from 2 3D Polylines.

like this maybe..JPG

each is 2 3D polylines.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

I did not use the INTERFERE command nor did I use INTERSECT.

Were I to venture a guess, I would say that is a (non-3D polyline) 3D solid, to which has been applied the 3D wireframe visual style. I've certainly been wrong before.

ReMark, can you please upload a file? I will look. Still don't understand how you did it!

Best wishes, and many thanks! I tried all day but ...

Autocad 2008.

P.S. Thanks SLW210

Were I to venture a guess, I would say that is a (non-3D polyline) 3D solid, to which has been applied the 3D wireframe visual style. I've certainly been wrong before.

How the hell were you able to get them to loft?

When I tried they kept getting kicked back.

You must have sweet talked them.

I don't understand why these are supposed to be 3D polylines?

Who's igloo drawing was that, the OP's?

infect: Is this an assignment you were required to do for a class? I gave a very brief explanation of how I did it when I responded to Dadgad's post. There was a bit more work involved that I did not mention.

Dadgad: I suppose it depends on how you constructed the geometry that you eventually tried to loft. I can assure you that I was able to do it. No sweet talking was required. What "igloo" drawing are you talking about? I based my drawing on the "picture" the OP posted at the top of the thread and not the drawing file (which I did not dare download; the site did not seem too kosher).

infect: Is this an assignment you were required to do for a class? I gave a very brief explanation of how I did it when I responded to Dadgad's post. There was a bit more work involved that I did not mention.

Dadgad: I suppose it depends on how you constructed the geometry that you eventually tried to loft. I can assure you that I was able to do it. No sweet talking was required. What "igloo" drawing are you talking about? I based my drawing on the "picture" the OP posted at the top of the thread and not the drawing file (which I did not dare download; the site did not seem too kosher).

All of the head scratching and brainstorming was for naught. Here is the homework assignment. A simple 3D solid would suffice. Language has become garbled, time has been wasted.

The OP clearly needs to search the INTERSECT command.

Be that as it may, I am still intrigued by how you did it, having nothing to do with the erroneous description given by the OP.

HOMEWORK.jpg

Actually there is another command to use, which may be even easier. INTERFERE, which enables you to save the interference object without losing the original objects, and you can specify 3D wireframe to display the interference object.

Either of these ways will work, please finish your homework.

another way to go.jpg

find and save interference.JPG

I tried the INTERFERE command first but wasn't satisfied with the results. I think it may have been a matter of using the wrong geometry so I pressed on from there.

If this is an assignment for school I will not be posting a DWG file. Sorry.