How to convert drawing Marwan system into WGS 84

afrazawan

http://ge.tt/9gnSSbJ1?c

THERE IS two layout i need layout no. 2 in layout no 01 coordinate system please

You're working on a project which is will be of significant value (tens of millions of dollars at a minimum). You should hire a surveyor or use one of the project surveyors to do this for you.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• afrazawan

• ReMark

• SLW210

• Emigrato

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 9 months later...

Conversion from “Nahrwan” to “WGS84” coordinate systems by using CIVIL 3D software

1. Open the file had Nahrwan coordinates system.

2. Check the file units and should be meter (press command “units”).

3. Enter command “MAPCSASSIGN”, select from Category “United Arab Emirates”, then choose

a. Code “UAE-E” (Description is “United Arab Emirates, east of 54 degrees East”) for eastern region.

b. Code “UAE-W” (Description is “United Arab Emirates, west of 54 degrees East”) for western region.

Then press Assign.

4. Save as the file to your destination folder (e.g. C:\Users\Khafifi\desktop\new folder\drawing1.dwg) then close the file.

5. Open new drawing file (command “new”).

6. Check the file units and should be meter (same in step # 2).

7. Enter command “MAPCSASSIGN”, select Code: “UTM84-40N” from the appearing window (Description: UTM-WGS 1984 datum, Zone 40 North, Meter; Cent, Meridian 57d E, Categories: UTM, WGS84 Datum, EPSG cod: 32640), then press “Assign”.

8. Press command “MECommand” then write “IDM_DRAWING_ATTACH”, then choose the file you saved as in step # 4 (C:\Users\Khafifi\desktop\New folder\Drawing1.dwg) then press “add” then press “OK”.

9. Press command “ADEQUERY”, you will see the Define Query of Attached Drawing(s) window , press “Location…” then mark Boundary Type “All”, press “OK”, then mark “Draw”, then press Execute Query, now the drawing is converted from Nahrwan to WGS84, but we have to save the file to AutoCAD in next step.

10. Press command “mapexportcurrentmaptodwg” will appear “Save Current Map to DWG” window, and then choose the file location, (as you want).

Thank you...:)

khafifi: Did you notice that the person who asked the question was using generic AutoCAD at the time?

Well, seems like the OP was using everything - check his "19th Mar 2012 11:12am" post.

@ Khafifi

My above attached file "4afrazawan.zip" contains the converted drawing, based on your method :)

• 1 month later...

Save Current Map to DWG this last step can you explain it how when i save this file last step there is noting n drawing blank page

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe the answer is already provided in this thread.

If not, then perhaps you inquiry is unclear, as well as the program you are using. A well thought out question will receive better responses.

Your profile indicates you are using AutoCAD 2012, yet you have mentioned earlier using MAP and Civil 3D.

Most of all, stop asking the same question on any thread you happen to want to revive and stop creating new threads on this topic.

Please help me someone to change Coordinate system for this drawing.

this Drawing is in WGS 84 UTM 40 IN United Arab Emirates

so I want to change into Nahrwan system please help me

Afrazawan, I sent to you by email after conversion :)