Find values in blocks and calculate weight

DTrain314

I am trying to simplify my companies current process of updating BOM. We currently type all part dimensions in an excel spread sheet to get the weight of different group of materials. I wanted to make a lisp that after changing one or many of the dimensions in the BOM blocks it would recalculate the weight, avoiding any typo errors when manually recalculating.

Ideally it would compare the item number (eg "37014") and then multiply the 2 dimensions and quantity. Then add all of items and put the total in the bottom right block of that group (eg "753.5")

I am not sure how to start this lisp any help will be greatly appreciated.

all the blocks are called "97bill" and the attributes are "bubbleno" "qty" "material" "itemnumber" "total-units". Thanks

BOM Formate.JPG

Any of the examples here at cadtutor that refer to editing blocks using tags would give you a good starting point answers.

Also have a look at www.Lee-mac.com some good lisp examples maybe "countattributevalues.lsp"

this has 2-3 different examples http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?78647-Move-Attribute-Values-In-Block