Switch off mouse wheel zooming

kArThIcK hAcKeR

Hello guys,:)

By default, the mouse wheel is used to zoom in and out of autocad;:?

i would like to change this functionality, such that when i use the mouse wheel,:o

i would be able to scroll up and down in the drawing board (like in pdf):unsure:

can somebody help me?!:geek:

Note:

I have a laptop with touch pad, the horizontal scroll works fine with autocad, but the vertical scroll just zooms in and out, i find it very annoying.:?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• kArThIcK hAcKeR

• Tuns

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you checked your Windows mouse settings?

see attachedscreen shot below

yes, i checked it just now, i have 5 tabs in the mouse dialog box, 1. Buttons, 2. Pointers, 3. Pointer Options, 4. Wheel, 5. Hardware.

and the hardware tab only displays the properties of the Mouse such as "Name", "Driver, Details, Power Management,

Capture.jpg

Wouldn't you want to be looking on the Wheel tab for either an AutoScroll option or an Advanced button then an AutoScroll option?

I have a better idea. Forget using the mouse and enable the Scroll Bars in Options > Display and use them instead.

See previous post. Second line.

i'm using a laptop, moving the cursor to the scroll bar, clicking and then dragging can be an annoying task.:cry:

the horizontal scroll works perfectly though, i just want to change the default zoom to Ctrl+Wheel=Zoom, so that i could scroll up and down as in pdf.

Buy and install a wireless mouse that has more features.

like i havent about that!!! :shock:

i just wanted to know if there is an easy way which doesn't make a hole in my pocket, :roll:

anyways thanks for the quick reply.:unsure:

Most people come here complain of just the opposite problem (i.e. - their mouse scrolls in AutoCAD and doesn't zoom). You're the rare bird with the opposite problem.

A hole in your pocket? I didn't say go buy a gold-plated mouse. Come on, they aren't that expensive. You probably spend more on your cell phone bill or lattes each month.

Most people come here complain of just the opposite problem (i.e. - their mouse scrolls in AutoCAD and doesn't zoom). You're the rare bird with the opposite problem.

A hole in your pocket? I didn't say go buy a gold-plated mouse. Come on, they aren't that expensive. You probably spend more on your cell phone bill or lattes each month.

i already have a logitech g300s, :D

i just wanted to know if there is way in which i could go around with just the track pad.8)

Not that I know of. Maybe someone else here has figured out a way to do it.
Well, no. There is no one that has tried to do that. It removes a serious portion of the graphic display functionality and slows productivity way down. I have a Bluetooth mouse and usb receiver that cost me about $18.00 which I use with my laptop. While doing so, I disable the touchpad. It is the touchpad that is the PITA not the zoom function.

I don't think there is a way to scroll up and down the drawing with the mouse wheel. You can set MBUTTONPAN = 1 so that you can use your scroll wheel to pan around the drawing though. It's somewhat similar at least. :lol:

• 1 month later...

i found a way to switch off direct mouse wheel zooming :D(well, to be exact i found a command to pan up and down:oops:)

i got into the CUI made a new shortcut for pan up as ctrl+up and pan down as ctrl+down.

i used the "x button mouse control" software to remap normal wheel up to ctrl+up and wheel down as ctrl+down

and my problem got solved.8)

now the autocad scrolls like a pdf document. :):roll:

thanks for the help guys!!!!

i wouldn't have gotten this idea without you guys:thumbsup:

In other words we made you so mad you went out and found a solution to your own problem just to show us up?

Yeah! That works for me. You're happy, I'm happy, the world is just one big happy, jolly family.

Hey there, hi there, ho there, we're as happy as can be, M...I...C...K...E...Y M...O...U...S...E. Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse! Come on, everybody sing!

In other words we made you so mad you went out and found a solution to your own problem just to show us up?

i thought it might be useful to some other person who want to change the default mousewheel function

:)

Yeah! That works for me. You're happy, I'm happy, the world is just one big happy, jolly family.

Hey there, hi there, ho there, we're as happy as can be, M...I...C...K...E...Y M...O...U...S...E. Mickey Mouse! Mickey Mouse! Come on, everybody sing!

I took the time to post the answer i found out and yet u are mocking me?!!!:?