• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ROLANDO JR

• ReMark

• MSasu

• BIGAL

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK. I thought I gave you the answer back in post #3? Make a shape and then use the shape to make your custom linetype. Both commands can be found in Express Tools under the Tools category.

I tried it already but it only works in a specific shape.

I'm doing a shrubs layout so outline shapes varies. I think what I need is to create a customized linetype first then LISP that can offset it. Thanks!

ROLANDO JR, please check this linetype definition; it require to have the Standard text style set to Arial (either adjust the definition):

*ROLANDOJRLINE, Rolando Jr linetype ___|\____|\____|\____|\___
A,.3,0,["|",STANDARD,s=.1,r=0,x=-0.02,y=0.03],-.1,["\",STANDARD,s=.15,r=25,x=-.04,y=-.015],0

Or, better, copy the definition from ReMark's example drawing after he will post the shape file along.

ReMark, I'm afraid that you missed to upload the Shrub.shx shape file. Can you fix that, please?

Although I'm not sure if OP will still be able to use your linetype definition since the shape file appear as saved with full path to your Desktop, so not sure how will behave on a different workstation.

You can make custom plines that represent any type of pattern they will have fixed rules regarding size etc but they are plines so can be trimmed and have thickness, they can be made of arcs as well as just lines, its a case of picking st end pts and have a loop defun to draw pattern bewteen these pts. I can not post example code as its copyrited, but happy to help someone who wants to have a go. I would start with the saw tooth pattern first its a bit easier than the arcs to do. Will see if have time.

a snipet

; routine to set N as number of pline segments as a factor of 90 mm.
; 90 mm 25 arc's with straights

; arcs only based on 90 mm high INSULATION

; lines only based on 90 mm high ACOUSTIC

; straight lines SMOKE

You can either make a custom linetype with text or with shapes.

Both have their drawbacks. If you use text, you have to make sure that the correct font is being used, because all fonts have different sizes.

If you use shapes, you have to send the shape file with the drawing file.

I personally prefer curved lines in a shrub line, and both these shrub lines have been posted on the forum in years gone by.

I still do not understand why you think you need a lisp to offset such a linetype :cry:

ShrubLines.JPG

I supposed to do a boundary first then offset it inside 100mm and matchprop it with the customized linetype that I am saying.

Uniform tin line?

The direction of the peaks is based upon which way the line is drawn. Draw a line left to right and the "peaks" point towards the top of your screen. Draw a line right to left and the "peaks" point towards the bottom of your screen.

Hi MSasu!

Thanks for your definition!

It almost works for me. But can you please help me revise it a bit more. I attached it for you.

Thanks!

SHRUBLINE.jpg

Sorry ReMark, its my fault. I supposed to reply to MSasu:-)

Anyway, can you please send the .lin & .shx that you created so I can check it also.

Thank you so much!