Text becomes a Squiggle

Hello! I've run into this a couple times lately. Text or mtext will become a squiggle. This is usually in a block, maybe even within a block in an xref. Hopefully the image shows below.

Squiggle Image.jpg

Welcome to Cadtutor

Does it persist after closing and reopening the drawing? If "NO" then it's likely a display or memory issue. If "YES", can you upload a sample drawing with some of the affected text.

It does persist. Unfortunately both items it happens with are logos, ours and our clients, so I don't think I can upload it. I am getting lots of "Position stack overflow in shape xxx" if that helps (sorry not to mention).

I attempted to block out one of the logos to change the info at least, and it looks fine. I insert back into the drawing and it is squiggles again.

It has happened with multiple drawings as well. Thank you for any help you can give.

Based on the last two updates, I would guess there's a problem with the shape definitions, but I have limited experience working with shape files. If your AutoCAD is on Subscription, you can submit a Support Request, otherwise hopefully someone else will have a solution.

In the mean while, perhaps try AUDIT command to find any errors in the drawing, and/or Google the error messages.

Thank you Nestly, I think you're right. Audit isn't fixing it and Google brings back programming language that is way over my head. I'm on subscription, so I'll send it to them. I appreciate your time!

Sounds like a problem with a Shape.

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS73099cc142f4875513fb5cd10c4aa30d6b-7f20.htm,topicNumber=d0e401203

Code 5 pushes (saves) and code 6 pops (restores) the current coordinate position while drawing a shape so that you can return to it from a later point in the shape.

You must pop everything you push. The position stack is only four locations deep. If the stack overflows because of too many pushes or too many missing pops, the following message is displayed when the shape is drawn.

Position stack overflow in shape nnn

Similarly, if you try to pop more locations than have been pushed onto the stack, the following message is displayed when the shape is drawn.

Position stack underflow in shape nnn