Dynamic array and move chain wont array

DRBJR45

Hello

I just can’t get this dynamic block to work. I am trying to chain the array action with the move action and getting nowhere.

In the drawing there are 3 objects, blocks if you will. The left block is always stationary, the middle block I want to array, the third block on the right will move with the array to always remain at the end of the finished array.

I’ve gone through the process of setting the two parameters to the distance I want the array to be. The first thing I do is assign the array action, pick the middle block (along with the hatch on the left) and then the parameter that will be the action to move the third block. Finally I create the move action and assign it to the third block, save and close.

The array works but the block that should move either remains in its position or will move at some odd distance.

Any tips on how I should do this correctly?

Thanks,

DRBJR45

DYN GLASS BLOCK.dwg

I replaced the move action, actually I deleted the move parameter and action. I added a stretch action to the "array" parameter to move the third block when doing the array. I gave the "Array" parameter an specified increment.

for anyone reading this that has not looked at the block, the "array" parameter referred to here is actually a distance parameter that the user gave the name "array" to.

I replaced the move action, actually I deleted the move parameter and action. I added a stretch action to the "array" parameter to move the third block when doing the array. I gave the "Array" parameter an specified increment.

for anyone reading this that has not looked at the block, the "array" parameter referred to here is actually a distance parameter that the user gave the name "array" to.

Thanks for fixing my block. Not sure why the "Move" action will not work and why you used the strecken action....I will try to recreate what you have done, Danke.

I used the stretch action to keep it simpler.

The move action in your block as you had it cannot work as you are not stretching the "move" parameter.

It would work if you added a stretch action to your "move" parameter.

That's why I added a stretch parameter to the "array" parameter to reduce the work involved in creating the dynamic block.