+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Using
    AutoCAD 2012

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cad64 View Post
    Ok, now everything is making sense. You weren't hired to do CAD work so that's why they don't want to buy another license.

If they didn't hire you to do CAD work, you probably shouldn't be doing it. You should concentrate on doing the job you were hired for and let the drafters do what they were hired for. And since you're a beginner and don't really know Autocad very well, you're probably doing more harm than good creating drawings that the drafters will have to spend more time fixing.
    I am doing my job, and I am as good as some drafters, and better than some.
    Thanks

Computer Details
    stevsmith's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 (64bit)
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    stevsmith's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    High Plains Drifter
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    Solidworks 2015

I suggest that if you are just looking to interrogate CAD drawings and learn CAD basics then you should look into Draftsight. It's a free CAD program that can open AutoCAD drawings.
    This would be ideal if you want to work from home and look over drawings.

However, if you wish to install it on your works PC, you MUST inform your company that you wish to have it installed, rather than going ahead and doing it without their consent.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time"

SolidWorks | AutoCAD | Creo

Using
    AutoCAD 2012

Quote Originally Posted by stevsmith View Post
    I suggest that if you are just looking to interrogate CAD drawings and learn CAD basics then you should look into Draftsight. It's a free CAD program that can open AutoCAD drawings.
    This would be ideal if you want to work from home and look over drawings.

However, if you wish to install it on your works PC, you MUST inform your company that you wish to have it installed, rather than going ahead and doing it without their consent.

I wanna edit drawings coz I know how to.
    Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions.

Computer Details
    stevsmith's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 7 (64bit)
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    stevsmith's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    High Plains Drifter
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Using
    Solidworks 2015

This is correct,
    The problem would be if you installed the AutoCAD software your PC without the company being aware you have done so.
    If you pull one of those network licenses and then a certified user cannot gain access, the CAD manager can interrogate the users logged in. If your name pops up, questions will be asked on how you gained permission to get a license and how the software became installed on your PC.
    This can be seen as a form of gross misconduct and can be a sack-able offence if you install software without the companies knowlege.
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time"

SolidWorks | AutoCAD | Creo

Using
    AutoCAD 2012

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Quote Originally Posted by stevsmith View Post
    This is correct,
    The problem would be if you installed the AutoCAD software your PC without the company being aware you have done so.
    If you pull one of those network licenses and then a certified user cannot gain access, the CAD manager can interrogate the users logged in. If your name pops up, questions will be asked on how you gained permission to get a license and how the software became installed on your PC.
    This can be seen as a form of gross misconduct and can be a sack-able offence if you install software without the companies knowlege.
    Thanks a lot for your advice. l will let them know. They will buy the license and configure the network.