• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannysteel

• ReMark

• SuperCAD

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is the canopy sloped from one side to the other?

So these HSS4x4's are not only going to be arced they are going to be flared too?

It would probably be more helpful if we had access to an actually DWG file.

yes it's two radius it's arch and at the same time flaring out,

i ll send you the drawing in a bit i'm drawing it but got stuck, (beginer)

Can you do a 3D hand sketch of how this is all supposed to fit together? I'm not understanding what it is you're trying to do with the information you've given.

Drawing files are attached via the Go Advanced button and the Attach Image option. Note: There are file size limitations that may preclude attachment in which case a file sharing service like DropBox should be utilized.

Can the 4x4's actually be bent to the required shape and maintain structural integrity?

i'm still tryinig, can you help with what i sent you i'm almost done with it but i just could make the hss to flare out, can you help me?

OK, I just opened your drawing. The first thing that comes to mind is extruding two profiles then using the INTERFERE command to obtain the shape you are looking to achieve. I have not tested the idea.

oh ok i've never used the interfere command, this is my first 3d project i slept late last night studying, watching videos,practicing reading my old 2010 3d autocad books

Now is as good a time to learn something new as any other.

So, I took a closer look at your drawing. I think some of your geometry does not line up properly. A good result depends on a strong foundation. At this point your foundation is a bit shaky.

I've attached a drawing which has a flared and arched beam constructed from some of your geometry to demonstrate that the shape can be derived from the intersection of two 3D solids using the INTERFERE command.

Saved in AutoCAD 2010 file format.

3D Canopy Interfere.dwg

yea you are right i noticed i moved already, the face of the 4x4 has to be flush with .25 cap( the cap for the green 4x4 going across