Macro problem

dkeran

I created a macro to speed up a piping process. It has been working fine, though today it is coming back with a different interpretation for '_layer;Set'. Once 'set' is entered it is returning an option for 'setvar'. I am using many LISPS which may be changing system variables that I can't keep a track of. In this part of the macro I want to change the current layer to 0.

Would anybody be able to help in pointing me in the direction of what system variable may have changed to have caused this, or possibly edit the macro to enable this process another way? The entire macro is below.

Thanks for any help in advance.

^C^C_Laymcur;\_circle;\d;0.125;_sweep;\;mo;so;\_move;\;0,0,0;0,0,-.0625;_layer;Set;0;;

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dkeran

• steven-g

• ReMark

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you post a copy of the command history, so we can see what happens at each step of the macro, but one point might well be with the 'move' command it appears as though you have an extra space in there, but that could be just a copy/paste error in your post

Steven-G, command history below. I've managed to get around it for now swapping out ';_layer;Set;0;; ' for '_clayer;0;;;^C^C', though I wouldn't be happy to leave it at that without knowing the issue behind it. The space in the move command is, as you say, just a copy and paste issue.

Command: _Laymcur

Select object whose layer will become current:

0 is now the current layer.

Command: _circle

Specify center point for circle or [3P/2P/Ttr (tan tan radius)]:

Specify radius of circle or [Diameter]: d

Specify diameter of circle: 0.125

Command: _sweep

Current wire frame density: ISOLINES=4, Closed profiles creation mode = Solid

Select objects to sweep or [MOde]: 1 found

Select objects to sweep or [MOde]:

mo

Closed profiles creation mode [sOlid/SUrface] : so

Select sweep path or [Alignment/Base point/Scale/Twist]:

Command: _move

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects:

Specify base point or [Displacement] : 0,0,0

Specify second point or : 0,0,-.0625

Command: _layer

Command: Set

SETVAR Enter variable name or [?]: 0

Unknown variable name. Type SETVAR ? for a list of variables.

Command:

SETVAR

Enter variable name or [?]: *Cancel*

Strange that the command line isn't giving you the prompt for the options after the _layer command is issued, I can understand that it then goes on and translates 'Set' as a shortcut for the setvar command but why would it ignore the _layer command. OK just a thought what is the value of 'filedia' and just try changing it to 1 or 0 see if that solves the issue (and change it back if it doesn't.

Just tried that Stephen, no luck. Filedia was set to 1, changed to 0, tried the macro and same issue. It's odd alright. And I can't remember which LISPs I was using that may have changed a variable, especially one that wouldn't have changed it back.

I can get the macro to go to the setvar command, but only by adding a second ';' after the '_layer' command in the macro, just check your macro carefully again that there are no errors in there (I doubt it, but I can't think of anything else)? what happens if you shorten the macro to

^C^C_Laymcur;\_circle;\d;0.125;_sweep;\;mo;so;\_move;\;0,0,0;0,0,-.0625;_layer;

does the layer command start then.

OK grasping at straws here does this work

^C^C_Laymcur;\_circle;\d;0.125;_sweep;\;mo;so;\_move;\;0,0,0;0,0,-.0625;.layer;Set;0;;

note the period '.' in front of the layer command

Neither of them seem to work Stephen. The first suggestion works and enters into layers. The second gives the same responce as the original. Sure not to worry, I've got it working through using '_clayer;0;;;^C^C' so not the end of the world. Thanks very much for the help though, much appreciated.

The _layer;Set works fine for me, but then I am in Belgium, though as far as I know we use the normal English version of the program anyway. But either versiojn works when used in a macro (at least it does here), it could possibly cause issues on the OP's system.

In the course of troubleshooting the problem did you close AutoCAD entirely then reopen it?

Did you use any custom lisp routines prior to trying to execute the macro?

Mark, I tried the standard IT turn it off and on again, no good. I up to about 12 LISPs in any one day so can't keep a track of what I used most recently. I shouldnt have a LISP which changes and variable and not change it back though.

No, you shouldn't but sometimes in our haste to solve one problem we inadvertently create another.

Are these lisp routines you have used in the past on a daily basis?

I'd use them daily, could have used 10/12 of them before I noticed the macro issue. Though I've used all these functions for the previous few weeks with no issues.

Very odd I'm at a loss, only thing I would suggest is go back to the shortened macro in post 6, and just keep adding to it one letter and character at a time and see where it breaks down again, that might give a clue. Or working backwards does

^C^C_layer;Set;0;;

work

Morning folks, I've another issue I've just discovered which may be linked to the macro issue.

The process of copy and paste with base point, open an xref, etc that I have working from right clicking, their process is messed up a bit. I select information I want to copy, right click, select copy with basepoint, enter basepoint co ords, then it asks me again to select objects. After I select the objects again it does copy them and pasting isn't a problem. Though it is the same with opening an xref, when I select the xref, right click, open xref, it again asks me to select the xref.

Would anyone know if this is a variable problem? I've had this is the past but didn't link it to the macro issue. My solution in the past was to reset my AutoCAD to original settings which was a nuisane.