• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• samifox

• tombu

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You might want to include an explanation of the undocumented QAFLAGS system variable, yes?

Sorry, didn't figure that little macro would be so tricky. Best explanation of all the Undocumented System Variables I've found is:

http://www.manusoft.com/resources/acadexposed/sysvars.html

More often than not it's try and see. Important to reset them afterwards as they affect other commands as well.

If I was to do this for myself I'd probably go with lisp to allow more selection methods and provide listing of locked layers, but not something I'd ever use as I rarely lock layers anyway.

Yeah, I do think as a matter of course one would want to reset QAFLAGS to its original default value of "0".

I think lisp would be preferable as well.

Yeah, I do think as a matter of course one would want to reset QAFLAGS to its original default value of "0".

I think lisp would be preferable as well.

As I've used it before and seen it in code posted online this line is in my acaddoc.lsp

(if (/= (getvar 'qaflags) 0)(progn(setvar 'qaflags 0)(princ "\nqaflags reset to 0.")))

Fortunately most of those Undocumented System Variables are read only.

That's correct. There are some commands that fail to work inside a command function like they do at the command line. I have no idea why that may be.
As Remark pointed out, you have discovered a glitch, selection inside a running command can sometimes be a problem. (I don't know why either but it can be frustrating.)

There is also the command LAYLCK that will work for locking a single layer, this does work from a macro

^C^C^Claylck;