Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Today
  2. I normally start with a 2D shape, extrude, sweep, presspull. revolve, et al.
  3. I would probably call it a Windows 11/AutoCAD 2025 issue, the latest update in mid September was to address the Net 10.0 compatibility among other issues. I just dumped my last 2025 product or I could have tried it on that. My AutoCAD 2026 products are crashing every day since they upgraded me to Windows 11.
  4. Thanks for all your help everyone, I updated to LT 2027 and no longer appear to have that issue (though I haven't migrated my settings yet so who knows). One of those mysteries, go figure
  5. Copy the text into notepad and then copy from there into the drawing usually removes any residual formatting from MS word As SLW210, is the font installed in the PDF viewer? It might be substituting for something close - PDF options should get Capture fonts.... If no luck there try substituting the font for a generic font (Romans or Arial usually work) PDF from my CAD (Full AutoCAD) plots as expected using DWG to PDF.pc3 with these settings:
  6. Welcome to share your experience and feedback on the offline mode (Base level) of VedaCAD. For example: 1. Can it replace the appload management plugin? 2. Compared to the appload method, which one is better in terms of management? 3. Is the new machine/local recovery configuration method immediate? 4. Does it cause CAD to lag? 5. How do the advantages and disadvantages compare to the way you used to use (e.g., acaddoc.lsp)? 6. Does it do things outside of your authorization secretly? 7. Can it be used on LT, C3D? 8. What suggestions and feedback do you have?
  7. Yesterday
  8. I doubt if this has anything to do with AutoCAD, usually if the print preview is correct it goes to something past AutoCAD. Autodesk site recommends changing the "Capture fonts used in the drawing" to "Convert all text to geometry" for PDF specific font issues, is this an option for you? Did you try some of the other PDF plotters, full AutoCAD has a few more, I would think LT does as well? Did this start after a Windows update or the AutoCAD update?
  9. V2 update link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16RZS69S2tzZZzFnYW0H6QNQ3klwxB2C6?usp=drive_link If anyone has used it, please share your feedback with me.
  10. Since you do have the latest updates installed, here are some additional questions: 1) Any difference if the text is in model? 2) Does the same problem occur if you created the text using Lato Regular in LT and not copied it from Word? 3) What happens when you change the pasted text to Arial ttf or to Romans shx? 4) Have you tried installing LT 2026 side by side without migrating settings from LT 2025 to see if the same problem still occurs?
  11. For simple mechanical parts, starting with a 3D solid is usually straightforward. But for parts with complex curved geometry, I sometimes find it cleaner to build the shape as surfaces first and then convert/thicken the result into a solid. The advantage is that the surface geometry can be controlled independently before committing to the final solid form. I’m curious how others approach this: For complex curved parts, do you prefer a solid-first or surface-first workflow—and why?
  12. Do you have the latest LT 2025 updates installed? Enter About command, do a screenshot and share this here
  13. Laptop is Lenovo Yoga Pro 7 14IRH8.
  14. PDF options: please see snapshot. Windows 11 Home - 10.0.26200 Nope, AutoCAD LT 2025.
  15. What do your PDF options look like? What do your plot settings look like? Windows version? Are you using AutoCAD LT 2014?
  16. asos2000

    Batch Find & Replace Text

    First of all, Thaks for your codes which helps in Bfind i can double click on entity for editing suggestion is" to add check box to save as a new entry
  17. Last week
  18. CyberAngel

    ucs and drawing problem

    If that green line is the Y axis, it's not part of your drawing, it's part of the environment. Where and how it appears will depend on the local settings. That's probably why it looks different when you reopen the drawing. If you need that axis as part of your drawing, consider drawing a line there. At least then it will become part of the extents.
  19. I was mainly thinking of SECTIONPLANE as a quick way to inspect a 3D model interactively. I wasn't considering the other section workflows such as SECTION, SOLVIEW, and VIEWBASE. Thanks for pointing that out — there are clearly several ways to approach sections depending on the drawing workflow.
  20. I use SOLIDEDIT tools, they work well for what AutoCAD actually is to be used for. There are lots of 3D modelling software and 3D CAD that is better at handling 3D model changes, but they all have pretty good learning curves.
  21. If you create the proper 2D views and provide all of the pertinent dimensions, any issues should come to light at that point. I usually double check the 3D model with actual Dimensions as well, often set to 8 decimal places as I am modelling. Sometimes (MEA)SUREGEOM is quite handy.
  22. It was meant more as a polite unofficial warning than a "point' or feedback. Pertaining to "point", that brings up the question, what is your point in these posts? Asking a lot of questions, then not responding to those who have engaged the issue is generally seen as disrespectful and discourteous.
  23. An image might help.
  24. Can you provide such a case? FILLETEDGE and FILLET seem to act as expected as best I have noticed, barring a mistake by the user. CHAMFER seems to make weird corners at times, but with both, you just need a logical selection order and learn to use LOOP and CHAIN options.
  25. SLW210

    ucs and drawing problem

    Just post the drawing and people can stop guessing.
  26. Do you have actual statistics on whether beginners use this feature very often? I actually used it a lot more long ago when I had a different type of work load, these days I don't need it as much. You can create a hatched section for your detail with SOLVIEW and VIEWBASE, so I am not so sure too many are drawing these manually. There is also SECTION.
  27. One useful feature I don't see beginners using very often is SECTIONPLANE . Instead of manually drawing the internal edges of a 3D part, you can place a section plane through the model and use Live Section to inspect the inside. You can then generate a section block from the result for use in a drawing. I find this especially useful when checking what is actually inside a complicated 3D model before creating the final 2D documentation.
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...