About This File
Are you someone who likes to get details in your drawings done neatly? Then look no further! Here I present you a program that does just that.
This program aligns selected objects to any direction the user wants to align them to. This provides that the objects possess at least one of the following properties:
- Insertion Point
- Text Position
- Text Alignment Position
Upon issuing the command ATD, the user will be prompted a selection of objects without any filters, which the program will then filter based on the above (and xrefs excluded). The objects to be aligned will then be highlighted, and the user will be prompted a direction relative to the UCS. This can be in one of five ways:
- Clicking two points to determine direction
- Typing "X" - to align direction to X axis of UCS.
- Typing "Y" - to align direction to Y axis of UCS.
- Typing "PErpendicularToCurve" - the user specifies a point on any curve, and if a curve is detected, aligns perpendicular to the curve at that point.
- Typing "ALongCurve" - the user specifies a point on any curve, and if a curve is detected, aligns at the direction of the curve at that point
Following this, the user can then specify a point to denote the location for all the objects to be aligned.
Objects that I've successfully worked with this program include:
- OLE/Raster images
- Texts and MTexts (regardless of alignment)
This program will work under any UCS settings provided that the objects to be translated lies in the same XY plane as the UCS.
What's New in Version 1.1 See changelog
Included "PerpendicularToCurve" and "AlongCurve" option