Top Posters In This Topic

• MichaelH27

• ReMark

• BlackBox

• Lee Roy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No worries,

Still not working, In the CUI it says my workspace is current and default. I shut down and restart 2012, it loads some other workspace.

ReMark, I have no idea how to change that target info, I am smart enough to find the properties of the 20120 Map Icon and can locate the target text.... but to manipulate it.... no idea what to do.

Did this not help?

You can try adding the /w switch to your application icon's target:

[color=blue]<Your Original Target>[/color] /w "[color=red]YourWorkspaceName[/color]"

Another is to use the /b switch within the application icon, which will load a script (SCR) that you can use to set your workspace.

More on the AutoCAD startup switches:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2894625&linkID=9240617

... So as an example, your target path would look like:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\acad.exe" /w "[color=red]YourWorkspaceName[/color]"

It worked but now the ribbon pops up, undocked.

How can I completely disable and get rid of the ribbon? Is there a way to sell it on Ebay?

If successful, then the workspace that you have saved is what is restored. If the workspace being loaded is not what you're after, re-save and try again.

If the ribbon continues to persist, then perhaps you have some additional settings being implemented via AcadDoc.lsp?

To close the ribbon, simply use the RIBBONCLOSE Command, as the RIBBONSTATE sysvar is read-only.

I would urge you to begin to embrace the Ribbon. Remember, like many other features, it too can be customized to suit your needs and work habits.

When hatching an object, The properties box for the hatch is no longer appearing. not sure what happened, It was appearing before I had switch the code in the target start up text. I doubt that had anything to do with it.

I have been through the setting of the hatch command and cant find how to turn on the properties. (hatch color, style, scale, gradiant.... )

???

When hatching an object, The properties box for the hatch is no longer appearing. not sure what happened, It was appearing before I had switch the code in the target start up text. I doubt that had anything to do with it.

I have been through the setting of the hatch command and cant find how to turn on the properties. (hatch color, style, scale, gradiant.... )

???

Filedia is the command. If it's set to zero, make it 1 and vice versa.

in earlier versions of Cad, Right click had an option to paste copied selections. This is gone in 2012?

Nope, it's still there, you just have to dig a bit deeper. I know, as I was using 2012 in work today and did several copy/paste tasks between two drawings.

I've fixed it some what, I'll hide the ribbon under my mp3 player. There.... Fixed the cowboy way.

???

Filedia is the command. If it's set to zero, make it 1 and vice versa.
Guys... The legacy hatch dialog will not display whilst the Ribbon is open, as the Contextual Hatch Tab is activated. One must close the ribbon (RIBBONCLOSE) in order to use the legacy Command. :thumbsup:

Example:

(progn
 (if (= 1 (getvar 'ribbonstate))
   (command "._ribbonclose"))
 (initdia) ;; <- Don't forget to force the dialog ;o)
 (command "._hatch"))

IT WORKED!!!!!

now how do i keep the ribbon closed for the rest of my life? Yesterday the ribbon was gone and out of my life, Today I added some text to autocad.exe target path so I could get my workspace loading up as default and ever since I did the ribbon has been haunting me.

Can we have a ribbon cutting cerimony? 8)

IT WORKED!!!!!

Happy to help. :)

now how do i keep the ribbon closed for the rest of my life? Yesterday the ribbon was gone and out of my life, Today I added some text to autocad.exe target path so I could get my workspace loading up as default and ever since I did the ribbon has been haunting me.

Can we have a ribbon cutting cerimony? 8)

Punny... :lol:

This can be a mixed bag, restoring workspaces. So long as you re-saved your workspace (with the Ribbon closed), when your CUIx is loaded, the workspace switch (/w) should restore the predefined workspace correctly.

However, we did have trouble with MDI environments for a time.

Back with Land Desktop 2009 as we chose to work in SDI Mode, and this for whatever reason precluded the last used workspace from properly being restored, as is intended. We even tried incorporating a simple sysvar call (as noted in my earlier post), which sadly was unsuccessful.

The _only_ thing that would work 100% of the time for us, was to implement a simple script (SCR, using the /b switch in the application icon's target) which would reload the workspace defined within the script.

The reason for this, was due to the startup sequence; note the position for scripts toward the bottom of the list (i.e., the last to load).

In any event... this may be worth a try:

Sample script:

WORKSPACE
C
[color=red]YourWorkspaceName[/color]

** Note - Be mindful of accidental, extra spaces, as these are treated as pressing .

Sample application icon's target:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\acad.exe" /b "[color=blue]YourFilePath[/color]\[color=red]YourFileName[/color].scr"

Edited by BlackBox

Nope, it's still there, you just have to dig a bit deeper. I know, as I was using 2012 in work today and did several copy/paste tasks between two drawings.

There is a CLIPBOARD dropdown menu in the right click shortcut menu of 2012 Vanilla. :)

I would urge you to begin to embrace the Ribbon. Remember, like many other features, it too can be customized to suit your needs and work habits.

x2 It's like the properties box on steroids.