Disabling zoom undo?

Guest Machineheart

I like the Zoom undo myself, quick for zooming back to the previous zooms or several. If you want to go way back after several zooms, just go to the toolbar and the UNDO drop down area and select the point at which you want to go to, easy peasy. Also, as mentioned in my previous post, type UNDO to the command line and choose the down arrow for options. Maybe, if people read the Help File (or press F1).

• Like 1

These types of complaints coming from new users are usually due to frustration because they can't understand why it doesn't work the way they think it should work. They immediately blame the program instead of asking for help because it makes them feel inadequate and they don't like that. So they blame the software instead of owning up to their lack of knowledge of the program.

Then after they realize it was just a matter of knowing how things are supposed to be done, they insult the messenger.

Wait for it...

• 1 year later...

It has been over 16 years since Autodesk decided to ignore this user request. Best thing I did: abandon autocad and switch to "BIM" (Archicad). It's extremely faster, easier, intuitive and well accepted in the eyes of my customers.

• Dislike 1
  • Confused 1

Like stated, I prefer the way it is and as mentioned, just use the drop down next to the UNDO/REDO buttons at the top to go back to where you want to be. Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy. SMFH!

• Agree 1

• 6 months later...

I'm in 2018 and 2022 the full version...

1. Type "UNDO" in the command line (without the quotes for all entries)
  2. Type "C" for Control
  3. Type "C" for Combine
  4. Type "Y' for Yes
  5. Voilá! All zooms, except for one started from the menu, will be combined into one undo/redo step until you issue another command

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDLT/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-2729A466-B199-4840-B92B-4D8A38A8ADB8

Edited by jcclow