change default hatch

Is there any way to change the default hatch patern from ANSI31?

the default hatch is WAY too small for sitework & tends to bog things down if you forget to set the hatch pattern first.

I tried HPNAME but that seems to be session dependant & dosen't help if set in the default template.

I'm about >

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• designerstuart

• kingdaddy

• halfcracked

Top Posters In This Topic

You could add your hatch pattern to a tool palette and use it that way. Not familiar with HPNAME and HPSCALE but you could add them to your acaddoc.lsp to be set on each loading of a drawing. Insert the name of your Hatch pattern and scale where I have it in RED.

(setvar "HPNAME" "ANSI31")

(setvar "HPSCALE" 1)

Edited by SLW210

OOO good thought on the autoloading lisp!

Actually I think just setting (setvar "HPSCALE" 96) will fix things up nicely.

If ANSI31 is not your favorite hatch pattern to work with you can set another pattern as the default as well as change the default scale and spacing. This is done using the system variables HPNAME, HPSCALE and HPSPACE. However, these settings aren't saved anywhere so when you close AutoCAD it reverts back to ANSI31.

So, how can you make the change permanent? Use the ACADDOC.LSP file. Edit the file by appending the settings in the form previously mentioned above (setvar "HPNAME" "pattern name here"). Now, all you have to do is make sure that ACADDOC.LSP is in one of the support path directories you choose (set within AutoCAD under Tools / Options / Files). It will be loaded automatically each time a drawing is opened and you'll have your new default hatch pattern ready to go.

• 1 year later...
So, how can you make the change permanent? Use the ACADDOC.LSP file. Edit the file by appending the settings in the form previously mentioned above (setvar "HPNAME" "pattern name here"). Now, all you have to do is make sure that ACADDOC.LSP is in one of the support path directories you choose (set within AutoCAD under Tools / Options / Files). It will be loaded automatically each time a drawing is opened and you'll have your new default hatch pattern ready to go.

I dont have a ACADDOC.LSP file in my ACAD LT 2009, but I created one and put the command (setvar "HPNAME" "solid") and put it in the support directory but it didnt work.

Any ideas what I did wrong?

• 2 years later...
Insert the name of your Hatch pattern and scale where I have it in RED.

(setvar "HPSCALE" 1)

i've tried this but to no avail..... have things changed?

if i enter command HPNAME, then ANSI31, it changes fine - it just doesn't seem to work from the lispdoc. i have other custom lisps that do work from here.

thanks!

Edited by SLW210

sorry forgot to say - also if i paste (setvar "HPNAME" "ANSI31") into command line, i get rejected :(

Command: (setvar "HPNAME" "ANSI31")
*Cancel*
AutoCAD variable setting rejected: "HPNAME" nil

Edited by SLW210

You may have the wrong lisp doc file.

huh? if i did, would my other lisps still work?

i think it should be a simple case of adding a bit of code to the same file i have my other custom lisps in, shouldn't it? my guess was that the code above no longer worked for some reason - if someone could confirm that it does work i'd know the problem was something else my end. but shouldn't putting the text in as i did in post 13 work, if the code is right?

thanks

yes, as i said i can use the command HPNAME - it just doesn't work in a lisp in the form SLW posted earlier. i thought i might have some other place where setvars were being read instead of my lispdoc, but it is at the top of support path and also there is this issue where i don't think the code is working anyway. eg if i put just

(setvar "HPSCALE" 10)

in a lisp file and drop it in, same error: AutoCAD variable setting rejected: "HPNAME" nil

Edited by SLW210