Sweep Issue

rymanvw

I think if I do it in autocad it will give me the most accurate results.

How is AutoCAD more accurate? Forget AutoCAD for serious 3D. Your geometry is trivial to create.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• shift1313

• rymanvw

• JD Mather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually was able to figure it out. What I did was I made my 2 profiles and made 8 3d sketch guide curves. To make the guide curves was very tedious because I had to make a couple of 2d sketches and make reference lines and it was a mess. But in the end it worked out exactly how I needed. Thanks for all your help.

Corner 1.jpg

Corner 2.jpg

"Forget AutoCAD for serious 3D."

Would you also be including AutoCAD 2010 even though it has such new features as free-form design, parametric drawing, and enhanced dynamic blocks?

Would you be including vertical products based on AutoCAD as well?

I couldn't comment on any of the Autodesk vertical products based on AutoCAD other then Mechanical Desktop as I haven't used any of them.

Mechanical Desktop has not been sold by Autodesk since Feb 2001 (or was it 2002) and was discontinued with 2009. MDT was certainly more capable than vanilla AutoCAD but it has been replaced with Inventor which is not based on AutoCAD.

Would you also be including AutoCAD 2010 even though it has such new features as free-form design, parametric drawing, and enhanced dynamic blocks?

From what I have seen this new functionality in 2010 is stripped down introductory versions of Alias, Inventor ...

Looks like a marketing approach to introduce the functionality to those familiar with AutoCAD but "afraid" of the vertical products.

Understand this is just my opinion.

In general though, there is probably demonstratable evidence supporting the value of the additional cost of purchase for the Autodesk vertical products, both those based on vanilla AutoCAD and the next-generation products.

Probably should take this discussion out of this thread and into one of the Autodesk headings.

Well thank you for elaborating on your opinion. Perhaps I was reading something into your statement that was unintended.

I actually was able to figure it out. What I did was I made my 2 profiles and made 8 3d sketch guide curves. To make the guide curves was very tedious because I had to make a couple of 2d sketches and make reference lines and it was a mess. But in the end it worked out exactly how I needed. Thanks for all your help.

It looks as if you used a spline curve with many many points for your arcs. Not a good way to get stable geometry especially if you need to produce this. The easiest thing you could do is keep your original guides and project them onto another plane.

edit. you can create 3d arcs doing a 3dsketch or creating a plane that bisects the points you need.