Global Attribute Editor & Extractor

Lee Mac

hI LEE!! i HAVE YOUR PREVIOUS mACATT version, seems its different from the previous version!? where you can update multiple drawings.

I tried this latest lisp, asking "Add Block Name to List [space to View List]:

so you have to type the block name?

Global Attribute Extractor + Editor - will be V1.5 or 2.0? :)

Will it? Oh right, if you say so..

hI LEE!! i HAVE YOUR PREVIOUS mACATT version, seems its different from the previous version!? where you can update multiple drawings.

I tried this latest lisp, asking "Add Block Name to List [space to View List]:

so you have to type the block name?

Hi Guys,

Yes, I did produce an attribute editor by the same name, but I didn't pursue it too much, as there is a known bug with ObjectDBX that loses the DWG thumbnail, and can alter the position of attributes when you save the drawing.

In reference to this LISP, the user needs to make a list of block names from which attributes will be extracted.

I have updated the first post to Version 1.5.

This is a huge update, incorporating a Dialog Interface to help the user when creating a list of blocks. The user can either type a block name in the edit box, or select blocks in a drawing using the pick button (>>).

Your feedback, suggestions, and comments are welcomed.

Lee

Thanks to a Bug Report from over at theSwamp, I have updated the code in the first post to Version 1.6.

This version will now account for any drawings in the selected folder that the user has open.

Following a Suggestion from Steve.K over at theSwamp, I have updated the first post to Version 1.7.

This version allows the user to specify which attributes he/she wants to extract from each block.

Your feedback is appreciated :)

Lee

Hi Lee

A blessed day to you, where we can get that version 1.7?

Hi Otil,

Good day to you too :)

The Latest Version can always be found in the first post of the thread. :)

Hello Lee Mac

thank you very much for this great application, it is beutiful and I am going to use it all the time.

Just a suggestion, if it is possible. can you modyfied to extract in order for example:

tag1 tag2 tag3 tag4 and not tag2 tag1 tag4 tag3. I hope this is clear enough to understand...

Just a suggestion, if it is possible. can you modyfied to extract in order for example:

tag1 tag2 tag3 tag4 and not tag2 tag1 tag4 tag3. I hope this is clear enough to understand...

I have updated the code in the first post - hopefully this will solve this issue :)

Thank you Lee Mac.

It works flawless. It works for me...no problem.

Just another Idea just in case if you have time to modyfied this. It would be too hard to modyfied so you can choose the order of extraction. Kind of use you own formate on how (order) you want to extract the information.

Thank you Lee Mac.

It works flawless. It works for me...no problem.

Just another Idea just in case if you have time to modyfied this. It would be too hard to modyfied so you can choose the order of extraction. Kind of use you own formate on how (order) you want to extract the information.

Hi,

I'm glad it works well for you :)

Many thanks for the suggestion, it would not be impossible to incorporate, but certainly a lot more work, so I may not be able to justify it.

But thanks for the idea, they are hard to come by :)

Lee

I know it is no easy! and I don't even know how you do the thinks you do. Very smart!

thank you and keep the great job you do.

very appreciatted.

I know it is no easy! and I don't even know how you do the thinks you do. Very smart!

thank you and keep the great job you do.

very appreciatted.

Thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you like the program :)