Line-Length Calculator

Lee Mac

In V 4 you select the tablestyle in a dropdown at the bottom of the dialog box. it has to be loaded in the drawing for you to choose it. you can just modify the standard tablestyle if you do not have preset ones.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lee Mac

• stevesfr

• RyanAtNelco

• Hsanon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In V 4 you select the tablestyle in a dropdown at the bottom of the dialog box. it has to be loaded in the drawing for you to choose it. you can just modify the standard tablestyle if you do not have preset ones.

Correct, As Ryan points out, in V4 I opted to use the TableStyle that the user had set.

I figured that there were so many variables to change within the table, that it is easier for the user to just create their own table style and use it :)

No probs Steve.

I have updated the code once again in the first post to account for a small bug I just found.

If you had say two (or more) lines in the drawing. Say one line is overridden to PHANTOM linetype, and the layer it is on is HIDDEN linetype; and the other line is overridden to HIDDEN linetype, then, individually the lengths would be correct, however, if the user filtered for both HIDDEN and PHANTOM, the length of the HIDDEN line would be added to that of the PHANTOM line, and displayed in the HIDDEN table cell. Easy fix though. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I wasn't sure in which version the Table Object was present - I may have set the restriction too high.

Does 2006 have a Table Object?

Without knowing if you refer to the Table command that was introduced on A2005 (if my left two brains left recall) - must be available.

Without knowing if you refer to the Table command that was introduced on A2005 (if my left two brains left recall) - must be available.

Thanks Luis, I shall updated my code.

Thanks Luis, I shall updated my code.

no problema.

:).... on the quoted - that should read (if my two brains cells left that I recall) ... here we don't have an speller available - built-in.

dang.

Lee:

Why hasn't AutoDesk called and offered you a job yet? What are they waiting for? Nice job as usual. You're the Christmas gift that keeps giving all year long. A million thanks. :)

Lee:

Why hasn't AutoDesk called and offered you a job yet? What are they waiting for? Nice job as usual. You're the Christmas gift that keeps giving all year long. A million thanks. :)

Thanks Mark :)

To be honest, I think AutoDesk would want someone that knows Arx/.Net though :( VLISP is good for most applications, but C++/Arx is where the power is :twisted:...

Thanks for your kind message though, it is appreciated - and Merry Christmas mate!

Lee

Thanks Mark :)

To be honest, I think AutoDesk would want someone that knows Arx/.Net though :( VLISP is good for most applications, but C++/Arx is where the power is :twisted:...

Thanks for your kind message though, it is appreciated - and Merry Christmas mate!

Lee

Autolisp it is just for customization, and no serious software company will use it for their comercial applications - AFAIK.

Is that your next big undertaking (Arx/.Net)?

Merry Christmas back at you mate! Do they give you a breather between semesters or do they just keep you chained to the desks? LOL

Autolisp it is just for customization, and no serious software company will use it for their comercial applications - AFAIK.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought Luis - which means that someone in your position must be highly sought after... :wink:

Merry Christmas back at you mate! Do they give you a breather between semesters or do they just keep you chained to the desks? LOL

Well, I started to learn C++ and got the basics down, and I am doing a module of C-programming as part of my degree, but with those languages, I think I would need to set aside some time and learn them solidly, the learning curve is not as steep as in LISP, where you can get an application up and running after a short time... C++ takes a lot lot lot more time to master, as I'm sure Luis will tell you.

As for the degree, I'm off now till next year (as you can probably tell with my increased appearance on the forums...), but I still have 2 huge assignments and an essay to get done for early January, so its not quite a breather...

Lee

For what I know.

All the base classes are done using C++ and ObjectARX, but in there they have used or done implementations with ATL and MFC and they wrapped to now where they are leading toward to .NET - in example some of their new API's can be controlled via .NET only.

There are many things you cannot do with .NET, for example custom objects, but they now offer the new class Overrule, that appears to provide an alternative - I have not got the chance to try it.

Do not know if they have any intention to leave on the side ObjectARX.... but for example all the properties controls must be accesed via ATL/COM - well until they end up porting it to full .NET

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought Luis - which means that someone in your position must be highly sought after... :wink:

Well, I started to learn C++ and got the basics down, and I am doing a module of C-programming as part of my degree, but with those languages, I think I would need to set aside some time and learn them solidly, the learning curve is not as steep as in LISP, where you can get an application up and running after a short time... C++ takes a lot lot lot more time to master, as I'm sure Luis will tell you.

As for the degree, I'm off now till next year (as you can probably tell with my increased appearance on the forums...), but I still have 2 huge assignments and an essay to get done for early January, so its not quite a breather...

Lee

I can say today that I waste 15 years on these languages AutoLisp/DCL/VitalLisp/Visual Lisp/ObjectDCL/VBA/VB

Instead of spending my time on C++ back then... :-(

Well that only if you end up wanting to become a full time professional software programmer.

my 0.02 cts.