Can we colour the designs done in isometric, in CAD?

nidhi singhania

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nidhi singhania

• ReMark

• qball

• deres

WEL LT ME WORK ON IT A LIL.....

N IF STIL I FACE PROBS WITH IT,o:)WIL DO AS U WANTED....

Please don't use "text speak" here on the forum. It is very difficult to read and will cause confusion for those members from other countries.

Whether you speak or write English well is not the point. The point is that you do the best you can so that everyone feels as though they are included. If we have questions regarding your posts we will certainly ask them.

The error message mentioned comes up if you pick the inside of your boundaries then, pick it again.

Also check for "Island Detection" on the right of the Hatch Dialogue Box (assuming it's the same as it's been for a few versions now)... "normal" pisses me off. Make it "outer" or uncheck "Island Detection".... Gap tolerance is something else that may be causing you problems.

Yes, you are right. I selected it few times as when we select, the object selected comes in dotted line, but this is not happening in this iso drawing i am doing...and i am using autocad 2009 , in it there is no such option as "Island Detection" in hatch dialogue box, atleast i cant find this option in it.Most of the objects or parts i am selecting,it is showing error-"Valid boundary not found."

Can you tel me any method by which i can close the corners of the entire design, if any.

I don't think it's an ISO thing, I think you have a break somewhere in your drawing. Try HPGAPTOL, from Help Menu "Treats a set of objects that almost enclose an area as a closed hatch boundary. The default value, 0, specifies that the objects enclose the area, with no gaps. Enter a value, in drawing units, from 0 to 5000 to set the maximum size of gaps that can be ignored when the objects serve as a hatch boundary."

On 2007, Island Detection is a hidden menu accessed with a small arrow on the bottom right of the dialogue box.

Also, Pedit, Close option works for 2d to close up some gaps... may not work for Iso or 3d though.

Ok.I shall check on this and let you know if my problem has solved or not .. as soon as possible....o:)

i am using autocad 2009 , in it there is no such option as "Island Detection" in hatch dialogue box, atleast i cant find this option in it.Most of the objects or parts i am selecting,it is showing error-"Valid boundary not found."

Can you tel me any method by which i can close the corners of the entire design, if any.

There is a pull out menu inside the hatch menu that has more options which includes the island dection options. If you look at the hatch edit dialog box you should be able to see a small arrow ( looks like > ) at the bottom right of the box next to the help button. When you select that it gives you the "Islands" option box. You can also set your gap tolerance there as well when you create the hatch originally.

It would be to your advantage to upload the file so the folks here can take a look at the problem. We are willing to help - you need to meet us half way....or not - your choice.

Anyway, good luck.

Hi, I just opened your dwg file...well, what can I say...

First off all, you tried to create a 3d in isometric view using single lines, not extruded or solid objects.

The result is lines with different Z coordinations, which are impossible of course to apply hatch or anything else.

If you are not familiar with 3d modeling, try to create the isometric presentation in plan view. It's not easy, but you will get the result you are asking.

I've used your method of drawing an isometric in a 3D environment (by manipulating the UCS) in several instances and never had a problem applying a hatch or a gradient. Two things that I do, that you may not have done, are to 1) use polylines as much as possible and 2) relocate the origin of the UCS relative to the object I am hatching. I'm assuming of course that you have reoriented the UCS relative to the plane you are working on. Have you?

Using the drawing that you have supplied above I was able to use both a regular hatch pattern (ANSI31) and a gradient. I suggest you reconsider the way you are doing the drawing and become more familiar with manipulating the UCS especially when it comes to applying hatch patterns. You'll get better results.

BTW...you do not necessarily have to draw your isometric in plan view as deres has suggested although it is considered to be the normal way of doing things. The way you are attempting to do it can turn out just as fine if you pay attention to what you are doing and how you are doing it.

I was planning to highlight the DEPTH OF THE NISH, on the wall against the basin area.

UCS!!!!I am sorry i dont know what this is. Can you please explain me and tell me how to hatch or graident the entire drawing, i dont know why im having problem with this...

Please help me through it..:oops: