Arcs and circles are no longer smooth.

Recently I created an elevation which included a door with leaded glass. When I originally drew the arcs and circles they were symmetrical and smooth, but now they are rough and ugly. (See attachment) What happened?

TIA

Nick

LeadedGlass.jpg

Try maybe setting the facets to a higher level.

type: facetres into your command line and set it to 10.

If you were zoomed out a long way from the object and zoomed into the location, type alt+V+A (hold down alt and type V+A). This will instantly refresh the facets.

If that does not work then I am afraid that 2008 is not known to me yet. Everyday is a learning curve towards knowledge....

Just tried setting the facetres to 10 and it didn't work. I didn't try this one before. Although I did try Alt V+A and it worked.

By the way I like the color effects.

Just tried setting the facetres to 10 and it didn't work. I didn't try this one before. Although I did try Alt V+A and it worked.

By the way I like the color effects.

Facetres basically selects the number of facets in the objects geometry. This setting is variable and maybe 10 facets per object is too intense for the intricate shapes that you have. This setting can be ranged between 0.5 - 10. I say 10 because if I go any higher than that it does not work for me. Try setting it to 8 and keep reducing it from there until it does work. You just have to find the limits manually I suppose. Unless someone else knows a better way??

Facetres basically selects the number of facets in the objects geometry. This setting is variable and maybe 10 facets per object is too intense for the intricate shapes that you have. This setting can be ranged between 0.5 - 10. I say 10 because if I go any higher than that it does not work for me. Try setting it to 8 and keep reducing it from there until it does work. You just have to find the limits manually I suppose. Unless someone else knows a better way??

Also try WHIPARC

• 4 years later...
  • 6 years later...

Its not working to me 😭 I used all the possible solution and I've searched everything.

I cant live to work like this anymore, seeing my arcs and circles not smooth, they look distorted, curvy and not connected. I really  dunno the problem.

Please HELP!

image.png.e509abb0a26bf048e6532a1f7c984c92.png 

I used all the possible solution and I've searched everything.

I cant live to work like this anymore, seeing my arcs and circles not smooth, they look distorted, curvy and not connected. I really  dunno the problem.

Please HELP!

image.png.e509abb0a26bf048e6532a1f7c984c92.png

Not connected check taht you ahve used osnaps like end.

Autocad has a variable and basically cheats on arcs its a programming techinique to do with how fast objects draw, it actually draws facets a series of small straights as pixels, I have just gone blank its a variable you can set, also do a regen often fixes it as it will force a more smoother redraw of the arcs and circles, you could set a circle to 4 which would be a square but when plotted would be a perfect circle.

Try viewres.

When I zoom out it look like not connected and more curvy but when I zoom in its actually connected.

I already used VIEWRES, FACETRES, REGEN, OPTION DISPLAY. but doesnt work.

actually it start when I try to render and after that till now every 2D arcs and circle I draw look like that. 

I dont know if i click something or what.

Edited by Kate28