dwg to xls routine?

edgar_hj1

One command is coming..>Select tableby window selection withouttitle..then here how can i select the xls??????

You do NOT select the XLS. The file is created for you, automatically, by the lisp routine. Pay close attention to the command line or hit your F2 key to bring up the text window and note where AutoCAD has saved the file. I believe it will default to My Documents.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• edgar_hj1

• Lee Mac

• The Buzzard

You originally asked how to get a table from AutoCAD to Excel. As it turns out you really did not have a true table instead you had a series of lines and plain text. Despite that I provided you with what I believe to be very clear instructions on how to export a true table (TableExport) and table-like entities (ETT.lsp) in a format that Excel could work with. Now you want to add color and you're talking about exploding it?

I imagine that the color for lines and text can be manipulated in AutoCAD but I usually don't worry about those types of "attractions" as you call them. Normally I create a separate layer for my table or Excel file so if need be I can print the drawing with and without the data showing. This layer has the same settings as layer "0" (color: white and linetype: continuous). Unless your company is in the habit of printing all drawings in color I see no real need to make an AutoCAD table "attractive".

F.Y.I. - I no longer use the table feature. I create my spreadsheet in Excel then use the Dynamic Link option to get it into my AutoCAD drawing. One nice thing about this is that the data within the spreadsheet can be changed in either AutoCAD or Excel and then updated in the other software via the link. AutoCAD 2007 does not have this feature.

• 2 weeks later...

dear balajibth84

you don't need any lisp for import from excel to cad.

copy what you need in excel and then in cad

edit>paste special>autocad entity

dear balajibth84

1) He is trying to go from AutoCAD to Excel.

2) He does not have a true table in AutoCAD. He has a series of lines and text that look like a table. That's why he needs to use the lisp routine I recommended and explained how to use.

dear balajibth84

This is called an OLE Object, and has the option of 'linking' to said Excel spreadsheet.

Sidebar - 'Spam' warning anyone!? Bad idea using your email address as your member name... you might want to get that changed.

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=18273.0

;; The Aim of the Rountine: To transfer the acad table to excel

;; Notes: Now the program can only deal with the table drawed by line or lwpolyline, and the

;; table grid are N*M, not irregular, the rountine is tested under office97

;; and I think it can also run under the after office version.

;; The command name :b2e

; by qjchen at http://www.xdcad.net 2006.02.07

;; South China University of Technology, Architecture Department

;; Some code taken from a Korea Friend, Thanks to them