Question about Wall professionalism

CadDan

Example: 7mm for walls and 2mm for electrical. I use mm settings because I came to CAD via manual drafting. Mechanical pencils came in 3mm, 5mm, 7mm and 9mm sizes.

I think he talking about the color of the layer. At least that's the way I took it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CADMASTER1128

• CadDan

• ReMark

• lpseifert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He is plotting in monochrome not in color. While picking a layer color in the grayscale range will, in a few cases, result in a lighter looking line he can get the same affect by reducing the lineweight. Another option is to experiment with "dithering".

Or as in my situation the teacher (and family) starts to hate and talk about you behind your back.

Paranoia, the destroyer. (Ray Davies, The Kinks)

Paranoia, the destroyer. (Ray Davies, The Kinks)

HAHA, Well it doesn't help that I literally know more about CAD than he does. And he knows it to :)

My bad. I should have said screening and not dithering. I stand corrected.

Well I didn't correct you, you technically you aren't standing corrected.

From your AutoCAD Help file.

Screening

"You can select a color intensity setting that determines the amount of ink placed on the paper while plotting. The valid range is 0 through 100. Selecting 0 reduces the color to white. Selecting 100 displays the color at its full intensity. Screening is effective only if your plotter is configured to plot colors or grayscale. Also, dithering must be enabled."

Thanks for that ReMark. So instead of changing the actual color so it would be brighter; since I'm plotting in monochrome; I can just do the screening and make it a different scale of gray?

Let me know if I got that right.

Accidentally posted this in the heptagon house thread.

Seeming to have another problem.

In model space the lines are white, but when switched to paper space, the lines are gray, and when I go to change the color of the line while in paper space, I hover and click white, but then it appears black in the properties manager and the line is still gray.

Continuation of line talk from heptagon house thread.

------------------------------------------------------

I have yet to do either. But when switching between model and paper space the lines seem to go from white to gray and they are suppose to be black when appearing on paper space correct?