Cntrl-C & Cntrl-V no longer functioning

Redman

known problem. Only fix is to fix 2007! Here's the link for the fix:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7450124&linkID=9240618

"This hotfix will correct a problem where cut and paste, copy and paste, block and insert, wblock and insert, and drag and drop operations fail in drawings that are saved in AutoCAD® 2000 and AutoCAD® Release 14 file formats.

If you open or create a file in AutoCAD 2007 and save it in AutoCAD 2000 or AutoCAD Release 14 file formats and then open the drawing in AutoCAD 2000, 2000i, 2002 or AutoCAD Release 14 and attempt to cut and paste, copy and paste, block and insert, wblock and insert, or drag and drop objects, then these operations will fail."

Hope it help. Got into this last week. After instaling fix it work like before.

Hey, that did it.

That "hot fix" to 2007LT is an updated dll (acdb17.dll ver 17.0.103.50) that I downloaded.

And now I can open the problem dwgs in 2007LT and then SaveAs 2000, and then open in 2002LT and then the cntrl-c and cnrtl-v works.

I also see there is a utility that can be downloaded that does something like search for dwgs that were SaveAs 2002 by 2007. Maybe I will do that and see what all other dwgs might have this problem.

(good thing we are not busy... ah, well, maybe should not say that.)

THanks THanks.

So this problem was befuttling me and frustrating me to no end, and annoying my manager and the two other guys I called..... was just common knowlodge and notorious here on CADTutor.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Redman

• ReMark

• mdbdesign

• chelsea1307

I think now it is Autodesk Design Review 2010 bundled

with DWG TrueView 2010 together

I did find TrueView (not dwgtruview) utility that can be downloaded.

When go to download that it is real easy to select the bundle of that Review and TrueView together. But can also download just the TrueView. WHich I did.

Was able to use the TrueView "convert" function on my suspect 2002LT dwgs and convert to 2000 (I think, or was it 2002, but anyway) still could not get the cntrl-c and cntrl-v to work in 2002LT.

So then I did the hot patch dll thing on 2007 (as stated in previous post).

The drawing would have had to been opened in 2007 and then "saved as" an earlier format. Since 2002 is not an option then it would have been 2000. Then the OP opened and tried to edit the drawing using 2002LT and ran into the problem.

That's why I asked about what software might have created it (or in this case modified it) as I suspected the copy/clip error mdbdesign alludes to and thus the hotfix he also mentions.

Now, who's on first? What?

Yep, that was it.

What is amasing to me is that I just said that I had this problem with 2002LT. I made no mention of having 2007LT... and apparently two or more of you fine folk here said "oh, yah, common problem with 2007 saving as 2000" . . . . ....

You may want to zoom extense and check to see that the objects didn't land somewhere else in the drawing. I use "copybase" and "pasteorig" to copy objects from one drawing to another, where the drawings have the same location in respect to 0,0.

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have 2002 and the very same problem. I can enter "copy" on the command line but I don't think it's going to the clipboard because it doesn't recognize "paste" in that drawing or a new one. I used to have 2007 and CTL-C CTL-V etc worked but when I left that company, all I have now is ACAD2002 and that's where my latest drawings are created and I can't get any copy/paste to work, even though when I try CTL-C I get the command line message that so many objects were copied. When I go to another drawing and try CTL-V the command line says "_pasteclip" but I get no opportunity to place it and nothing happens. I need copy and paste to function to the clipboard so I can move objects from one drawing to another. I downloaded the HotFix mentioned and (according to the instructions it came with) I tried to find "acdb17dll" in my ACAD install folder but there was nothing like it there so I didn't want to risk running it. Any suggestion you have would be appreciated.