Help needed (sketching a boiler room)

Nick-H-

Simple. Just take what you would normally draw in 2D, change workspaces (3D modeling), reorient UCS and away you go. You thought it was going to be more difficult than that?

Am I responding to the correct "show me"?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick-H-

• ReMark

• B_money

• skipsophrenic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simple. Just take what you would normally draw in 2D, change workspaces (3D modeling), reorient UCS and away you go. You thought it was going to be more difficult than that?

Am I responding to the correct "show me"?

I second this notion on iso drawings. I have SW, SE, NE, NW keys set to toggle the 4 iso views along with TV for Top View and FV for front view, RS for Right Side, etc.. I will sometimes start in top view and draw the horizontal lines first. Toggle to SW view, and with DUCS on move those lines to the elevation they need to reside, then draw the vertical lines.

And the really great thing is you use your normal blocks for valves, pumps, etc. no need to have all those different iso blocks. And dimensions show properly without having to do all the various text styles, arrow heads, adjusting dim lines that is required when doing regular isometric drawings.