Lost ability to create revclouds

chelsea1307

I tried to create a revcloud and when i start the command it recognizes it starts the command and will let me draw one through the command but, I cannot change the arc length, i cannot select object, i cannot access the options, when i try to access options it says the dialog box cannot be accessed. Ant ideas? Do i need to do a repair? It happens on all dwgs, ive restarted both autocad and my computer and neither helped.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chelsea1307

• ReMark

• Glen Smith

• Ollie8974

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you have been customizing your cui again chelsea. If not, then perhaps a REPAIR is called for.

Have you considered moving to the drafting board and giving up CAD altogether?

i cant draw a straight line even when using a straight edge. The only customizing Ive done is to my custom cui and attempting, not successfully, to customize a ribbon tab, i dont think that would affect rev cloud

For the straight-line impaired there is always the T-square and triangle along with the parallel rule.

You certainly have had your share of problems this year.

as far as u know i havent undefined the command. It still starts when REVCLOUD is typed in the command line or when the revcloud button is selected. I can still draw one, i just lost all my options, when you start REVCLOUD you can change arc length and you can select object or options or exit, possibly more. I can exit or options, and when i do O for options i get a dialog box that says the dialog box cannot be accessed and my only option is ok and that ends the command

You certainly have had your share of problems this year.

not all of my problems have been my problems, they are also all the problems any one in either of our two offices have. If they cant figure it out they ask me if i dont know the answer i post it here. Ive sent them all the link to this website and suggested they become members but they still prefer to call me and ask me for the answer

chelsea: Any luck on solving your problem?

Re: Questions from other officies. So they would rather have you spend your precious time hunting down the answers then doing it themselves. I see. And while you're busy solving their problem who is doing your work? They need to take some responsibility unless you have voluntarily taken on the title of defacto AutoCAD-problem-solver. Have you? Maybe it's time for them to sink or swim on their own. Cut the lifeline.

I don't know ReMark, I think that in todays economy, there is something to be said for being known as the go-to person for solving CAD problems. When the bean counters decide that a CAD operator needs to be cut, the one who all the rest go to for answers is the least likely to be on the chopping block. As long as manglement knows who is answering those tough questions. I would be less inclined to tell everyone where the source of knowledge was than Chelsea.

Depending on how secure I felt in my job, I might just tell people I would research the problem and get back to them. Sometimes being the only one who can find the Oracle is as good as being the Oracle.

Glen

At my current place of employment there is an "office" catch all - to which stuff like doing timecards, fighting with the plotter (actual time plotting is billed to the job, but if you have to change paper, printheads, reboot...), and so on gets billed to. In fact, that is the code that we are supposed to use for learning new stuff and problem solving as well. What time code should Chelsea use for fixing her revcloud problem (assuming it is actually hers)? It isn't specific to the job that she is working on now but more of a general thing.

I'm not saying that it is an ideal situation, but if the other folks in her department refuse to learn new things on thier own, yet willing to let Chelsea learn it and teach it to them - that becomes a skill that differentiates her from the rest of the department. Giving management a reason to keep her and not someone else.

There is the possibility that manglement is so shortsighted or unaware of what is going on that they simply look at time cards and see that employee #123456 has the highest amount of time applied to the 'office' time code and therefore must be the drag on the company. I am arguing that this skill will still set one apart from the others lining up looking for work.

Glen

Fortunatly the higher ups know its me to go to for the problems now, used to be the cad manager but she's never around so it became me. One of the boss's actually uses AutoCAD 2007 LT and he also comes to me when he has a problem or when he wants to know if there is a better, faster, or easier way to do something, unfortunately for him the answer tends to be yes if your ready to upgrade to the full version there is a better, faster and easier way to do it but no with LT your doing it the best, fastest, easiest way.

For time cards its counted as general overhead, Like Glen Smith it covers pretty much any time that cant be billed to the job. Im pushing to add a few new things to the time cards, I am also the person they come to when they have computer issues, usually things like plugging them in, restarting them, turning the printer on fixes the problems, but sometimes, it takes some time to fix what they've done to their computer and that also falls under general overhead. It makes my general overhead have a lot in it

Any luck on solving your problem?

Not yet, waiting for the dvd's to make it here from the other office so i can try a repair. The other office is about 2 hrs away and some people work in both offices so next time someone from there is down here they will bring it or when someone from here goes there they will bring it back with them. Hopefully it will be brought back tomorrow, but it could be forgotten

The last consulting engineering company I worked for set a standard of 37 to 38 billable hours per 40 hour week. It was a challenge to meet some weeks when more problems arose than one had time for and still get one's work done.

At the Dynamic input button, right click and click settings. On the Dynamic Input tab, Are the two check boxes at the top, Enable pointer input and Enable Dimension input where possible, checked?