Text is skewed to dimension lines

lenmac

GE13579:

-Don't know which local setting it could be...

-This is the first time I have tried to create a series of drawings using an alternative UCS, but yes, I have the same problem with the entire series of drawings.

-Dimensioning in Paper Space produces the same result

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GE13579

• lenmac

• NBC

• davebate

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

try this method oreintate your ucs to the oject in model space as you said in your posting save that ucs give it a name dont type plan in model space switch to paper space create a veiw port make it active type plan enter u then name of your saved ucs let me know then lock that veiw port if that comand is available

Followed your instructions step by step -oriented ucs to object in model space, saved ucs named "test", did not type "plan" in model space, switched to paper space and in the active viewport typed "plan", ""u" and "test" (view regenerated to the named ucs), locked the viewport and then tried a plot- same result (ie skewed dimension text)

the simple example you sent i got to work okay is there anoher examplr you can send i know the file size may be large your first example works fine for me

Yea, I can fudge a fix using rotate and fiddling with the angle until I get it to line up, but it drops the text below the dimension line - not very pretty and a last resort fix...at least it is something that works

the simple example you sent i got to work okay is there anoher examplr you can send i know the file size may be large your first example works fine for me

Dave you should read the full thread- it seems fine in 2009 too until you turn off 'Text inside align'- then it will skew.

Yea, I can fudge a fix using rotate and fiddling with the angle until I get it to line up, but it drops the text below the dimension line - not very pretty and a last resort fix...at least it is something that works

Did DIMTEDIT work?

davebate:

can you see what I mean from response #13 posted by GE13579?...but my file looks great both in model and paper space UNTIL I try to preview or plot the layout, then it skews the text on all my dimension lines.

insert this block into your drawing your drawing change to the dim style of the block that you bring in does that help might give me a clue what is going on you are drawing in meters was that your intent not that would make a difference draw a dimension with the new style

Dim.dwg

insert this block into your drawing your drawing change to the dim style of the block that you bring in does that help might give me a clue what is going on you are drawing in meters was that your intent not that would make a difference draw a dimension with the new style

Can you save it in AutoCAD 2000 format?

Amendment:

I converted the file to ACAD 2000 using DWG Trueview and copied it to my drawing. Had to change the scale factor to resize the style (I'm drawing in meters because I'm using seven-figure coordinates, eg. N 7 365 931.916 E 2 535 468.078). Drew a new dimension using this style - same result.

I hate to bother you guys much more with this problem - burning too many brain cells and taking too much time! As I mentioned early on, I can make the dimensions print parallel to the dimension lines so long as I juggle the orientation of the UCS....guess I'll have to live with it for now. I guess I'm OCD and just hate mysteries that I can't resolve!